Help! Brake, Abs, Vsc, Buzzer Noise

98 GS 400

172K Miles

I was driving when all my lights came on E Brake, ABS, VSC, VSC off and a buzzer noise came on. I had the car taken to a Lexus dealer and was told the Brake Actuator had failed. I then had the car towed to another shop where I got a brand new Brake Master Cylinder (with out the brake booster), new rear brakes and the car was fine. I drove it home, got new tires put on and then the very next day all of the lights and buzzer sound came on again!

I took the car back to the shop where the Master Cylinder was put on and the mechanic said he was having a time trying to bleed the system. Could someone please help me and tell me what could've gone wrong :(

I'm already out of $1900 bucks and will probably be forced to haul it back to the 'stealer' for proper repairs. :angry:

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem with my 98 gs400. My wife called me saying she was stuck at a local mall and telling me that she a bunch of lights lit up on the dash. I drove out to meet her and found the following lights on: abs, vsc, ebrake and buzzer buzzing. The power assist on the brake pedal also stopped working. I managed to get the car home. the next day thought I would take it for a drive just to see what was going on. As I pulled out onto the steet, all the warning lights went out, the buzzer stopped buzzing and my power brakes came back. Everything instantly came back to normal and the car drove and ran like it should. I brought it back home and parked it. The next morning I took it into the town, which is about 20 miles, and again my brake assist stopped working, all the warning lights came back and the buzzer started buzzing. I ended up getting it to a reputable shop. They gave me a quote of almost $4000.

The car just hit 220k on the odometer. Obviously we just loved this car. Maybe it's time to sell.

Help.

98 GS 400

172K Miles

I was driving when all my lights came on E Brake, ABS, VSC, VSC off and a buzzer noise came on. I had the car taken to a Lexus dealer and was told the Brake Actuator had failed. I then had the car towed to another shop where I got a brand new Brake Master Cylinder (with out the brake booster), new rear brakes and the car was fine. I drove it home, got new tires put on and then the very next day all of the lights and buzzer sound came on again!

I took the car back to the shop where the Master Cylinder was put on and the mechanic said he was having a time trying to bleed the system. Could someone please help me and tell me what could've gone wrong :(

I'm already out of $1900 bucks and will probably be forced to haul it back to the 'stealer' for proper repairs. :angry:

• 2 years later...

People of Earth, how are you?

GS400 220,000 MILES. Does anyone have any new information on these symptoms? VSC,VSC OFF, ABS, and BRAKE warning lights are on as well as buzzing sound. My brake pedal goes down to the floor, I cannot brake at all. Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

"It has been a common problem in lexus especially in LX 570! My ABS lights were on but when i filled the brake fluid they went off! But now they are back! it appears that i have a leak in the main cylinder! help?"

First, pay a visit to a good mechanic and let him see if he can repair ABS system otherwise you have to replace it. Its very dangerous as ur brakes can go off anytime!

• 2 months later...

Your abs system decided to tale a !Removed! on you. It's definitely expensive,considering you have to replace the actuator which costs an arm and a leg. Sorry for your misfortunes. As to the guy whose pedal goes to the floor, get yourself a Mew master cylinder. The seals inside the master are leaking break fluid past them. Do it soon before the fluid gets to your booster and takes that out as well.

• 4 years later...