Sc300 Pottential?

First things frst, I dont own a lexus...

-I own a 1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback with an H22. And lots of mods. ITts a 2200lb, 200HP, 160tq tire burner. With the trany I have it is easily a 13 second car on street tires. With slicks and a different trans I could break into low 12's. Thing is I haven't driven the car much do to a complete restoration. And since I have started the project a year ago I have lost intrest in the car. And at the end of the day all I can say is its still just a Honda.

-Iv always loved sc300's and have been trying a 5spd, I want to sell my car and buy an sc300. Although when I start thinking about it im not sure if it would be worth it. MY hatch would smoke a stock sc300 and a lightly modified one no doubt. But then I think thats because not many people get too into it. I just want to know what it would take to get the sc300 to beat my civic the way it is now.

I know boost for sure, but I dont really want to tear into it right now. Id like to put a nice turbo setup together. And boost. But how much can the 2jz handle. Although Im sure the trany and rear end would be in line to be swapped as well. But I had a getrag 6spd and supra rear end in mind. Not to sure about this though? Is it even possible to boost an internaly stock 2jz to compete and beat my civic? Sur eit could but what would it take?

So if you guys can shine some light on this. Id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to all....

Derek

P.S. Not too sure how to navigate the forums yet. So if anyone knows of any or has an sc for sale please pm me. Thanks

i have a SC400 and my cousin has a 93 Supra twin turbo. the 2JZ-GE is the same engine ran in the non turbo MKIV Supra. the 2JZ can pull 1000HP on stock internals. it has ALOT of potential. and if that hatch is only puttin out 200HP then the SC300 would probably hang with it if not smoke it the SC300 had 220HP the first year it came out

i have a SC400 and my cousin has a 93 Supra twin turbo. the 2JZ-GE is the same engine ran in the non turbo MKIV Supra. the 2JZ can pull 1000HP on stock internals. it has ALOT of potential. and if that hatch is only puttin out 200HP then the SC300 would probably hang with it if not smoke it the SC300 had 220HP the first year it came out

Wait, hold up a second....... The 2JZGE can't pull a 1000 hp on stock internals. That's just crazy. 400 to 450 is about the max. There are 2JZ's pulling over a 1000 hp, but they have custom forged bottom ends and drivetrains. The Supra's 2JZGTE's come with forged internals and can hold up to about 500 hp. Although I've seen a few go to 600hp. I don't think they lasted very long though.

The 2JZ is a great platform to build from. Alot of the issues and blueprints have already been done, so it's fairly easy to get to whatever hp goal you have except for the archilles heal, the weak transmissions. Even with a full race built trans done by Level 10, (upgraded sprags and clutch packs, valvebody, line pressure boost, heat treated planetaries and sunshell etc. etc.) the transmission can only hold about 400-500 hp. So you have to go with the Getrag V160/V161 which is big bucks or go with something else altogether and hope it all comes together ok.

Wait, hold up a second....... The 2JZGE can't pull a 1000 hp on stock internals. That's just crazy. 400 to 450 is about the max. There are 2JZ's pulling over a 1000 hp, but they have custom forged bottom ends and drivetrains. The Supra's 2JZGTE's come with forged internals and can hold up to about 500 hp. Although I've seen a few go to 600hp. I don't think they lasted very long though.

The 2JZ is a great platform to build from. Alot of the issues and blueprints have already been done, so it's fairly easy to get to whatever hp goal you have except for the archilles heal, the weak transmissions. Even with a full race built trans done by Level 10, (upgraded sprags and clutch packs, valvebody, line pressure boost, heat treated planetaries and sunshell etc. etc.) the transmission can only hold about 400-500 hp. So you have to go with the Getrag V160/V161 which is big bucks or go with something else altogether and hope it all comes together ok.

Smooth is on top of this all the way ;) He knows these cars insideout and upsidedown, Afterall he is our resident gearhead.....

First things frst, I dont own a lexus...

-I own a 1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback with an H22. And lots of mods. ITts a 2200lb, 200HP, 160tq tire burner. With the trany I have it is easily a 13 second car on street tires. With slicks and a different trans I could break into low 12's. Thing is I haven't driven the car much do to a complete restoration. And since I have started the project a year ago I have lost intrest in the car. And at the end of the day all I can say is its still just a Honda.

-Iv always loved sc300's and have been trying a 5spd, I want to sell my car and buy an sc300. Although when I start thinking about it im not sure if it would be worth it. MY hatch would smoke a stock sc300 and a lightly modified one no doubt. But then I think thats because not many people get too into it. I just want to know what it would take to get the sc300 to beat my civic the way it is now.

I know boost for sure, but I dont really want to tear into it right now. Id like to put a nice turbo setup together. And boost. But how much can the 2jz handle. Although Im sure the trany and rear end would be in line to be swapped as well. But I had a getrag 6spd and supra rear end in mind. Not to sure about this though? Is it even possible to boost an internaly stock 2jz to compete and beat my civic? Sur eit could but what would it take?

So if you guys can shine some light on this. Id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to all....

Derek

P.S. Not too sure how to navigate the forums yet. So if anyone knows of any or has an sc for sale please pm me. Thanks

To answer your questions, if you want a sub 12 second SC, your pretty much talking about a full engine prep for turbo, 8:5 to 1 comp forged piston set up, connecting rods, wrist pins, buttons and all. You'll be surprised at how well the Toyota head flows already, but I know alot of people that still do the head work anyway seeing as how your going to need to swap out to forged valves anyway. I would do a Meth/02 system and single turbo set up. Once you get the drivetrain squared away, the biggest advantage I see here is with your Honda your pretty much at the top of the range of power your going to get without starting all over anyway. So if your going to start all over, an SC or GS, or IS, is going to give you alot more HP potential then the Honda's. Not to mention rear wheel drive instead of the Honda gotta catch ya to pass ya FWD technique. LOL!! There's an SC here in Florida blowin 7 second 1/4's. The only time I ever saw him lose was to an MK Supra that dropped a 6.36 1/4 :o !!! and a Grand National that runs about the same times. But that's only because another friend of mine that lives around the corner from me hasn't run his twin turbo charged Tundra 4.3 liter V8 Supra yet. (Shaking head in complete disgust with just how sick that set up is.) Man that car is a beast!