Trunk Wont Open...

So I went to open my trunk this morning with my key in my pocket and nothing happened...it didn't budge. I took the key fob out of my pocket and pushed the trunk release button...still nothing....opened the drivers door and hit the trunk release button...still nothing. Doesn't matter if the car is on or off...key fob and all other releases are working fine otherwise. Anyone had this happen or know what the deal is? I have some stuff in my trunk I need to get out!!

Thanks!

So I went to open my trunk this morning with my key in my pocket and nothing happened...it didn't budge. I took the key fob out of my pocket and pushed the trunk release button...still nothing....opened the drivers door and hit the trunk release button...still nothing. Doesn't matter if the car is on or off...key fob and all other releases are working fine otherwise. Anyone had this happen or know what the deal is? I have some stuff in my trunk I need to get out!!

Thanks!

Just a thought, did you happen to access your glove box and accidentally push the valet trunk cutoff switch?

Thanks!

Just a thought, did you happen to access your glove box and accidentally push the valet trunk cutoff switch?

thank you!! that was it, must have hit it by accident!

Thanks!

thank you!! that was it, must have hit it by accident!

No worries... glad to help. I've done the same thing myself. With my previous car, I accidentally hit the power window cutoff, and, since that particular car was prone to power window problems, when my windows wouldn't go up or down, I took it into the dealer. I was just slightly embarrassed when the tech reached in and turned the switch back on, and my windows worked perfectly!

Glad you found out here, rather than doing what I did.

Thanks!

Hi it might also be that you left your other set of keys in the trunk. Then it won't open but you can push the button inside next to the gas latch button.

• 10 years later...