Sun Visor

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea if Lexus would put some sort of extension on the sun visor of the IS? I know it's a smaller visor. When I use it to the side, there's always about six inches of space that isn't covered, and that's always where the sun seems to be.

OK, I know almost nothing about the current IS250 -- only ridden in one once -- but does the sun visor not slide on its rod like in my LS400 so that you can flip it to the side and then pull it towards the back of the car and place it where you want?

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea if Lexus would put some sort of extension on the sun visor of the IS? I know it's a smaller visor. When I use it to the side, there's always about six inches of space that isn't covered, and that's always where the sun seems to be.

Do you mean to extend lower or longer?

OK, I know almost nothing about the current IS250 -- only ridden in one once -- but does the sun visor not slide on its rod like in my LS400 so that you can flip it to the side and then pull it towards the back of the car and place it where you want?

No, you can only pull it down in front, or you can move it to the side. It doesn't slide anywhere.

No, you can only pull it down in front, or you can move it to the side. It doesn't slide anywhere.

My gosh, I did some searching and see that people have been complaining about the IS sun visors for years ... so much for the "relentless pursuit of perfection". It's been years since I've seen a car without sliding visors or sliding visor extensions -- and we rent a lot of cars compared to most people.

I'd recommend getting your side windows tinted except that California allows a maximum of only 70% tint on the front side windows -- hardly worth the bother.

It probably will not help, but why not call Lexus corporate customer service and ask for advice on how to get the visors to cover the areas you need them to cover. This is a safety issue -- not just a comfort issue.

I'd recommend getting your side windows tinted except that California allows a maximum of only 70% tint on the front side windows -- hardly worth the bother.

I thought CA didn't even allow tinting of the front windows, not that it stops anyone. I've thought about doing it, however......

Are you SURE it doesn't slide out? When its over to the side pull the visor straight back...

Slides out on my ES...and all the other Lexus cars I've had/driven and our Prius.

I tugged on it yesterday, and it didn't do it. I didn't know the ES did that. And I don't remember my Prius doing that either......wow, things I find out after I get rid of the car!

Can anyone think of a reason as to why Lexus did not make this feature available in the IS?

I can't think they forget something like that!

Well I think they only put that as an option on the larger vehicles, the ES and RX and both significantly larger than the IS. I'm still suprised at times how tiny the car really is, I had a 2005 lancer evolution prior to this and that thing was much bigger inside and out.

I would be willing to bet the SC430 does not have an extension on the visor either.

Yeah they are out to get you, what with the sliding vanity mirror cover and the automatic light in the headliner that comes on when you open the little door, plus the secure holder where the visor won't be flopping down when the car is 4 years old, not to mention the acoustical material to enhance your stereo listening experience. Cheap bastiges!!111!

Yeah they are out to get you, what with the sliding vanity mirror cover and the automatic light in the headliner that comes on when you open the little door, plus the secure holder where the visor won't be flopping down when the car is 4 years old, not to mention the acoustical material to enhance your stereo listening experience. Cheap bastiges!!111!

And because they added those stuff they think that they've to save a buck or half. You see, I am trying to find a good execuse for them ;) .

And because they added those stuff they think that they've to save a buck or half. You see, I am trying to find a good execuse for them ;) .

I think the visors are pretty, even if they don't work good.

Acoustical material.... HA!

When I read that in the list of features I nearly fell on the floor laughing. Sounds like a nosense gimmic to me.

Acoustical material.... HA!

When I read that in the list of features I nearly fell on the floor laughing. Sounds like a nosense gimmic to me.

But, Lexus said so............. how could it be nonsense? :lol:

It can't just be cheap...otherwise why would the Prius have the extending visor? They left plenty of stuff out of the Prius to be cheap...like seat adjustments...

There has to be another reason...

It can't just be cheap...otherwise why would the Prius have the extending visor? They left plenty of stuff out of the Prius to be cheap...like seat adjustments...

There has to be another reason...

Maybe like an Appendix, it's been "engineered out" by evolutional design. :)