Michelin Latitude Tour Or Ltx For My Rx300 ?

Renoir911

Hello. I purchased my first Lexus in Florida, a beautiful RX300 AWD in mint condition. I drove it back to Alberta, Canada where I live and loved the ride.

However it came with Bridgestone tires that are poor quality and I need to change them soon. Where I live, we get snow in the winter, several inches in one dump at times. Summers are hot! I'm looking at Michelin tires because I've always had Michelin without any problems and excellent grip. I am looking at Michelin Latitude Tour, or Michelin LTX M&S. Having a tough time deciding as the Latitude offers a softer, quieter ride. I'd like something that looks good on the vehicle, but also is fit for the conditions. I do not drive my vehicles hard. This RX300 is an AWD.

Your thoughts and ideas, even if it includes another tire manufacturer are welcome. This is my first time on this forum.

Have a great day.

R. May

renoir911@yahoo.ca

post-99832-1250286868_thumb.jpg

post-99832-1250286920_thumb.jpg

post-99832-1250286965_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hello. I purchased my first Lexus in Florida, a beautiful RX300 AWD in mint condition. I drove it back to Alberta, Canada where I live and loved the ride.

However it came with Bridgestone tires that are poor quality and I need to change them soon. Where I live, we get snow in the winter, several inches in one dump at times. Summers are hot! I'm looking at Michelin tires because I've always had Michelin without any problems and excellent grip. I am looking at Michelin Latitude Tour, or Michelin LTX M&S. Having a tough time deciding as the Latitude offers a softer, quieter ride. I'd like something that looks good on the vehicle, but also is fit for the conditions. I do not drive my vehicles hard. This RX300 is an AWD.

Your thoughts and ideas, even if it includes another tire manufacturer are welcome. This is my first time on this forum.

Have a great day.

R. May

renoir911@yahoo.ca

Neither one looks great. The LTX has a low treadwear grade. Traction grade is decent but the temp grade isn't. The latitude is similar but higher treadwear grade so that one would wear alot slower. I myself am a big fan of Toyo tires.

Have a great day.

R. May

renoir911@yahoo.ca

For our RX300 that we moved to, and left, in Michigan (i.e. summer and winter), we put on BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour ("Tour" is important - it is a less aggressive tread). They are comfortable, good on summer roads and also in rain and snow, and in cold weather. Very long-wearing. We're very happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had numerous sets of the LTX M/S on an Explorer. Despite the treadwear figure they are VERY long lasting tires. In fact I had one set for almost 100,000 miles and could have gone longer if it wasn't for sidewall cracking due to age.

That tire is probably overkill for the RX though...I'd choose the Latitude.

Neither one looks great. The LTX has a low treadwear grade. Traction grade is decent but the temp grade isn't. The latitude is similar but higher treadwear grade so that one would wear alot slower. I myself am a big fan of Toyo tires.

NOT TRUE

The LTX A/T2 does but the LTX M/S 2 has a great threadwear rating like the latitude