I Met With An Is250c Today

cduluk

Hey guys and gals,

I was at the lexus dealership today having the Rx serviced, and had some time to kill. I walked around the showroom as i usually do, and noticed a new model i'd never seen before. It was an IS convertible! I think it was called the IS250c?

I'm gonna be honest- i don't really like the regular IS350/250. Just don't. I think they're too small and there are other reason's i can't explain, let's just leave it at that...

But i do have to say, i like the Is250c! I think it's PERFECT. It's the right size for a convertible, it's shaped perfectly IMO. I had my girlfriend with me, couldn't get her away from it. I was in this white color with the slightest tint of light blue, a magnificent color!

The interior was beautiful. The leather the softest leather i'd ever felt, a pure white color as well.

Then i sat in the standard 4-door IS350/250. Didn't like it.

I really can't explain it- why i like this IS convertible which is basically the same as the regular IS, yet don't like the regular IS. I just think the IS "looks" fit better on a convertible rather than a 4 door sedan.

Just thought i'd share my impressions! It might be a little "girly" but i have a lot of respect for it's style and... everything about it!

I also spent some time with the 010 Rx450h too (they told me it arrived this Monday)- yeah, not the same impressions. Besides the new car smell, i wouldn't pay $55,000 for one...

I haven't seen one yet, but for the money, honestly, I'd save the coins in this segment and go for the Toyota Solaro instead. My folks still have their 05' (or 06 I can't remember), fully loaded, and besides the lack of the "L" on the steering wheel, it feels and drives like any other Lexus I've ever driven. In fact, better if you ask me, because it felt "lighter and nimbler". I was planning on replacing our former Mazda 3GT with one this year, when we were still living in NC. But since we're in Chicago now, I saw no point in having a convertible. This place sucks - sorry, off topic rant.

Hey guys and gals,

I was at the lexus dealership today having the Rx serviced, and had some time to kill. I walked around the showroom as i usually do, and noticed a new model i'd never seen before. It was an IS convertible! I think it was called the IS250c?

I'm gonna be honest- i don't really like the regular IS350/250. Just don't. I think they're too small and there are other reason's i can't explain, let's just leave it at that...

But i do have to say, i like the Is250c! I think it's PERFECT. It's the right size for a convertible, it's shaped perfectly IMO. I had my girlfriend with me, couldn't get her away from it. I was in this white color with the slightest tint of light blue, a magnificent color!

The interior was beautiful. The leather the softest leather i'd ever felt, a pure white color as well.

Then i sat in the standard 4-door IS350/250. Didn't like it.

I really can't explain it- why i like this IS convertible which is basically the same as the regular IS, yet don't like the regular IS. I just think the IS "looks" fit better on a convertible rather than a 4 door sedan.

Just thought i'd share my impressions! It might be a little "girly" but i have a lot of respect for it's style and... everything about it!

I also spent some time with the 010 Rx450h too (they told me it arrived this Monday)- yeah, not the same impressions. Besides the new car smell, i wouldn't pay $55,000 for one...

Different strokes for different folks. I've owned pretty much everything. And at that time in my life it was the right car for me to have. When I was young, and single, I owned 69 Camaro's, 72 Cuda's, and Turbo'd Grand Nationals. Not exactly the cars you want to be driving long distances. But my priorities were different then. If I ever have kids and need to take them to soccer practice and get the groceries, I might consider an RX or some SUV that fit the bill. Right now, I need a car that I can sport around in, take mom and the wife out to dinner on Friday nights with, throw my golf clubs in the back on Saturdays, jump from business meeting to business meeting, and still be able to take long trips to Miami and back in. The IS C would never work for me. So your perfection is not the same as mine. I love the IS 350 as a sedan. What Lexus has done with that car is nothing short of amazing for it's class and price range.

Not to take anything away from the IS C. I do like that car as well. Of course, it looks just like the IS 250/350 but shorter. (I'm still working out the rear section when the top is up though. I'm not to sure about that yet.)

I haven't seen one yet, but for the money, honestly, I'd save the coins in this segment and go for the Toyota Solaro instead. My folks still have their 05' (or 06 I can't remember), fully loaded, and besides the lack of the "L" on the steering wheel, it feels and drives like any other Lexus I've ever driven. In fact, better if you ask me, because it felt "lighter and nimbler". I was planning on replacing our former Mazda 3GT with one this year, when we were still living in NC. But since we're in Chicago now, I saw no point in having a convertible. This place sucks - sorry, off topic rant.

LOL!! nc you crack me up!

Solara ;)

Totally different car. The Solara is FWD and off the Camry platform, the IS is much more a drivers car. The Solara is a nice car...I know I have one with 4 doors...but its a boulevard car (a pig), the IS will drive circles around it.

Solara ;)

Totally different car. The Solara is FWD and off the Camry platform, the IS is much more a drivers car. The Solara is a nice car...I know I have one with 4 doors...but its a boulevard car (a pig), the IS will drive circles around it.

Now you're gonna start correcting my spelling? Where the heck have you been for the past 4 1/2 years!!!

I totally agree about the performance aspects between the two cars. I was thinking along the lines of a nice convertible and the wind in your hair element of that segment. To me, a performance machine in a convertible fashion just doesn't mix well. But, I have a little history with such. When I was 16, I had to bury two friends, and watch two others go through hell in recovery from a wreck in one of those late 80's Cavalier convertibles. They were hotdoggin' it, went of the road and flipped it. So I never really can view a sports car, in a convertible set up like most.

The IS convertible might not be the best daily driver, but might be nice to have as an "extra" when you're retired and just want to cruise around on a warm sunny day :)

• 1 month later...

I am picking up my 2010 IS250C in about a week. It is smoky granite mica with black leather. It is replacing my 07 Volvo C70.

Once you go topless you never go back. Having a hard top convertible is like owning a coupe when you need it and convertible

most of the time. As long as it is over 50 degrees and not raining, I am topless!

• 2 weeks later...
I am picking up my 2010 IS250C in about a week. It is smoky granite mica with black leather. It is replacing my 07 Volvo C70.

Once you go topless you never go back. Having a hard top convertible is like owning a coupe when you need it and convertible

most of the time. As long as it is over 50 degrees and not raining, I am topless!

Here it is!

post-98745-1254758967_thumb.jpg

I've seen several now and I really like them...I don't know why anyone would buy an SC actually...

I think it's time for Lexus to come out with the next generation SC. It has the same body style as the 02 which was released in 01. It's a little... old, no?

If they made the SC a little more "masculine" with a little more power it would probably be a "more" popular car.