Power Steering Hose?

vroom8

When one of my p/s hoses went on another car ('77 Excalibur), I took the old hoses to my local hydralic hose company and they made me new ones (fittings and all) for a pittance (less than $25). Suggest you try that route but do not tell them that it is for a motor vehicle.

Thank you again, AZ--but would a used one be ok?.....a new one is $400.00- just checked with ALBQ Lexus....!!!

Auto Parts has one for 187.00.

When one of my p/s hoses went on another car ('77 Excalibur), I took the old hoses to my local hydralic hose company and they made me new ones (fittings and all) for a pittance (less than $25). Suggest you try that route but do not tell them that it is for a motor vehicle.

that is a great idea, but where do you find a hydralic hose company? ha ha

thank you for that suggestion! :)

HRP- the pressure hose is mostly steel- but the part that blew is the rubber 6" - do you know what pressure this piece should carry- ot how to find out?

I am going to replace just that piece, as the rest seems fine.

Well as that hose can carry up to 1500 psi, you can't replace it yourself. Get over that idea. Find a local hydraulic shop that repairs and makes up hoses for industrial equipment, like bulldozers and such - an Aeroquip dealer perhaps. They'll install a new hose properly and cheaply on the steel tubing and it will be as good as new or better. It will cost maybe $30.00.

Well as that hose can carry up to 1500 psi, you can't replace it yourself. Get over that idea. Find a local hydraulic shop that repairs and makes up hoses for industrial equipment, like bulldozers and such - an Aeroquip dealer perhaps. They'll install a new hose properly and cheaply on the steel tubing and it will be as good as new or better. It will cost maybe $30.00.

THANKS!

THANKS!

So- I found a hydraulic hose shop- auto parts store- they said they might be able to repair it. (the neighbor thought he could do it- and still thinks he can do it)...

anyway...if they can't.... I think i will move on and buy something else. I will sell it or part it out.:cries:

THANKS!

So- I found a hydraulic hose shop- auto parts store- they said they might be able to repair it. (the neighbor thought he could do it- and still thinks he can do it)...

anyway...if they can't.... I think i will move on and buy something else. I will sell it or part it out.:cries:

Update:

OK- so the neighbor- who is a mechanic- said that he went to the auto parts store- who also sell hydraulic hoses...and they said it was a low pressure hose that had popped- so he got the part and is going to install it---

I will let everyone know if the engine blows!!

THANKS!

Update:

OK- so the neighbor- who is a mechanic- said that he went to the auto parts store- who also sell hydraulic hoses...and they said it was a low pressure hose that had popped- so he got the part and is going to install it---

I will let everyone know if the engine blows!!

Actually it was a transmission coolant hose that had popped!!

We replaced the small section of it and everything seems to be fine!

So glad it wasn't my PS hydralic hose---but now I know.

thank you everyone for the great advice!!

FYI,

Most places have a shop that repairs equipment which uses hydralic hoses (fork lifts, etc). And most of them need to be repaired NOW when they die. Google, your phone book (yellow pages), brake shops, etc and help you to find the nearest ones.

FYI,

Most places have a shop that repairs equipment which uses hydralic hoses (fork lifts, etc). And most of them need to be repaired NOW when they die. Google, your phone book (yellow pages), brake shops, etc and help you to find the nearest ones.

thanks