92 Sc400 Start Issues

nichola1

92 SC400...I drove for about an hour, stopped for about an hour and drove home, The following morning went out to start the car....I get all the lights, power windows, sun roof, dash lights, fog lights, ect all working fine, but nothing happens when I turn the key,like normal my dash indicator lights but "no cranking" nothing. I checked the battery it had a full charge, so I charged it anyway for about 4 hours, still nothing. Any ideals? never had this problem, I replaced the alternator about 6 months ago. I did check the fuses, #4, 18# under dash and #31 under the hood. Would a bad starter cause this condition? ignition module? both?

92 SC400...I drove for about an hour, stopped for about an hour and drove home, The following morning went out to start the car....I get all the lights, power windows, sun roof, dash lights, fog lights, ect all working fine, but nothing happens when I turn the key,like normal my dash indicator lights but "no cranking" nothing. I checked the battery it had a full charge, so I charged it anyway for about 4 hours, still nothing. Any ideals? never had this problem, I replaced the alternator about 6 months ago. I did check the fuses, #4, 18# under dash and #31 under the hood. Would a bad starter cause this condition? ignition module? both?

The starting circuit consists of only a few components: Battery, cables, solenoid (relay), and the starter motor. Since you appear to have eliminated the battery as a suspect, next check that battery cable connections are clean and secure at the starter, solenoid, etc. If battery cables are OK, then suspect the starter solenoid itself. If the solenoid checks OK, suspect the starter motor. Hope that helps.

The starting circuit consists of only a few components: Battery, cables, solenoid (relay), and the starter motor. Since you appear to have eliminated the battery as a suspect, next check that battery cable connections are clean and secure at the starter, solenoid, etc. If battery cables are OK, then suspect the starter solenoid itself. If the solenoid checks OK, suspect the starter motor. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info.....I think its the starter....When I went back out to try and start it again, still nothing but then I put it into netural and rolled back about a foot.....it started right up..bad spot on the starter....what do you think?