Just Bought A Used Gs300 - Navi Problems

AKoos

I just got my first ever Lexus (and it could be the best car I've ever owned)....but the seller in California (had it shipped to Ohio) thought he was doing me a favor by getting me a burned copy of the "most recent" Navi maps. As you could probably imagine, the DVD doesn't work properly.

Half the time, I can't use any of the buttons/features, and it seems that, the hotter it is outside, the more problems it has with reading the disc. I guess I wish he would've left the old one in there for me as well, and while I've talked to him a couple times since the purchase, it doesn't seem he's too motivated to get me the original. Instead, he wants to send me a new, burned copy.

So, my questions to all of you -

1) For a 2006 Lexus GS300, do I need a specific version of the Navi DVD, or can I buy whatever the newest version is?

and

2) If I can get the newest version, what version would that be? I've seen 8.1 on Ebay a lot, but haven't seen anything newer (and it looks like 8.1 is for 2007 models)

Thanks again, in advance...

The following webpage on the Sewell Lexus website has a link to a table which appears to indicate that your navigation is generation 4: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_det...90137&all=Y

Give Sewell a call if you want to talk with a person -- they have been very helpful and I've bought a lot of stuff from them. The ClubLexus 10% discount code for Sewell is “CL911M” but they usually knock a healthy percentage of list price without a discount code.

So, if I'm generation 4, does that mean that I won't have an update....or are there updated maps for Gen4 vehicles?

Thanks - sorry for the ignorance. Never replaced a Navi DVD before.

So, if I'm generation 4, does that mean that I won't have an update....or are there updated maps for Gen4 vehicles?

Thanks - sorry for the ignorance. Never replaced a Navi DVD before.

Give Sewell a call or send them an email -- they have been very helpful and can tell you your options: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/assist.asp