Any Difference In Atf Brand?

I want to do a tranny drain and fill. I have been reading that its best to put Toyota brand ATF into our transmissions. I went to my local Toyota dealership and they told me that they only have dexron III in barrels and not in bottles for sale... and he said he has not seen Toyota dexron III in years. He told me to get any brand i see at an auto parts store.

Does ATF brand matter? Or does dexron III mean it meets the same qualifications so they are all the same? Thanks!

I want to do a tranny drain and fill. I have been reading that its best to put Toyota brand ATF into our transmissions. I went to my local Toyota dealership and they told me that they only have dexron III in barrels and not in bottles for sale... and he said he has not seen Toyota dexron III in years. He told me to get any brand i see at an auto parts store.

Does ATF brand matter? Or does dexron III mean it meets the same qualifications so they are all the same? Thanks!

Amsoil synthetic ATF covers both dexron III & Toyota Type IV fluids...

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

Expensive, but excellent stuff & you get what you pay for.

I think if you insist on dexron III specific fluid.....Castrol still makes it...so have a look at their website.

:cheers:

Thats the one, I am using Castrol domestic car trans. fluid which is DEX-III

My car has 359,600 miles with the original transmission.

Secret: Every 15,000 miles drain and fill. After the next 15,000 miles (30,000 miles total) I change the filter, drain, and fill (Which my mechanic does for me.)

Hope that helps.

Thats the one, I am using Castrol domestic car trans. fluid which is DEX-III

My car has 359,600 miles with the original transmission.

Secret: Every 15,000 miles drain and fill. After the next 15,000 miles (30,000 miles total) I change the filter, drain, and fill (Which my mechanic does for me.)

Hope that helps.

Why do you use the domestic? Their import one says it is recommended for Toyotas when their domestic one says its for GM & Ford.