Running At 40

I have written on this issue before. While driving down the road at 40-55mph and you are just feathering the throttle the rpm will drop off from 1500 down to 1000 and you can feel it like the car does not know what to do. I have no hesitation during throttle up. Just when you are on a straight road cruising around.

I have just replaced the TPS thinking that this would fix the issue. Still not fixed. I have seen this posted in Mar of 07 with no response's.

I do not think that this is normal operation, or am I just worried about nothing??? Please help

May be an electrical problem with the fuel pump.

The post that explains exactly what my car is doing was post in Sept 26,07.

If it is a fuel pump, wouldn't I notice it at acceleration not deceleration?

I am not a mechanic and I surely do not know of any good mechanics in south GA.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know exactly what volts reading you should be getting out of the Tps???? At idle and Wot?????

If reading the sensor in ohms is a better way to set it, which wire and how many ohms should I be looking for.

My car is still doing the same thing so I put the old sensor back in the car. Does any guru member know if the way that the car is acting is normal. I really hate to have to take this to lexus and have them try to trouble shoot this issue.