Buying Gs400

Hey guys, I know i posted a message saying i wanted to lease the new style GS when it comes out, but i am in love with the current style and think it looks a lot nicer. So now i changed my mind once again. I really want to buy a GS400. I have been searching around for the past couple of weeks. I have found a couple for 24,000 and 25,000 with between 45-60 thousand miles on them. Is that a good deal and does it sound to good to be true? Also, do you guys think purchasing a lexus with 50 or 60 thousand miles is reliable and will last me 4 or 5 years without having a major problem besides the minor matinence that is done on all cars. My big fear is that i will buy it with a 4 or 5 year loan and something will go wrong and i will have to pay a thousand or 2 to fix. Lexus GS400 owners please help me with your experiences with these beautiful cars. Do i worry for nothing or is a car with 50 or 60 thousand miles something to be concerned with. Also, i called an insurance company last week and got an estimate for a 2004 GS300 and they said around 3,700 for the year. I am 21 years old and have a perfect record with no tickets. If i get a 2000 GS400, do you think it will be the same price or much cheaper because the car is older or will it more because it is faster. Sorry for all the questions but i want to hear from the experts before i make a decision on my dream car. Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing your responses.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I know i posted a message saying i wanted to lease the new style GS when it comes out, but i am in love with the current style and think it looks a lot nicer. So now i changed my mind once again. I really want to buy a GS400. I have been searching around for the past couple of weeks. I have found a couple for 24,000 and 25,000 with between 45-60 thousand miles on them.  Is that a good deal and does it sound to good to be true? Also, do you guys think purchasing a lexus with 50 or 60 thousand miles is reliable and will last me 4 or 5 years without having a major problem besides the minor matinence that is done on all cars. My big fear is that i will buy it with a 4 or 5 year loan and something will go wrong and i will have to pay a thousand or 2 to fix. Lexus GS400 owners please help me with your experiences with these beautiful cars. Do i worry for nothing or is a car with 50 or 60 thousand miles something to be concerned with. Also, i called an insurance company last week and got an estimate for a 2004 GS300 and they said around 3,700 for the year. I am 21 years old and have a perfect record with no tickets. If i get a 2000 GS400, do you think it will be the same price or much cheaper because the car is older or will it more because it is faster. Sorry for all the questions but i want to hear from the experts before i make a decision on my dream car.  Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing your responses.

I'm 23 with a perfect record and my insurance company wants about 1600 / yr for a 98gs4... I suppose it wouldn't increase more then a hundred or two for the other two years... BTW Only had the car for a lil over a month now, but no problems thus far

I'm 23 with a perfect record and my insurance company wants about 1600 / yr for a 98gs4... I suppose it wouldn't increase more then a hundred or two for the other two years... BTW Only had the car for a lil over a month now, but no problems thus far

Damn 1600, I pay 700 for 6 months on a 00 gs 300. WHere do you live. WHat insurance co you with. Im with geico

Hey guys, I know i posted a message saying i wanted to lease the new style GS when it comes out, but i am in love with the current style and think it looks a lot nicer. So now i changed my mind once again. I really want to buy a GS400. I have been searching around for the past couple of weeks. I have found a couple for 24,000 and 25,000 with between 45-60 thousand miles on them.  Is that a good deal and does it sound to good to be true? Also, do you guys think purchasing a lexus with 50 or 60 thousand miles is reliable and will last me 4 or 5 years without having a major problem besides the minor matinence that is done on all cars. My big fear is that i will buy it with a 4 or 5 year loan and something will go wrong and i will have to pay a thousand or 2 to fix. Lexus GS400 owners please help me with your experiences with these beautiful cars. Do i worry for nothing or is a car with 50 or 60 thousand miles something to be concerned with. Also, i called an insurance company last week and got an estimate for a 2004 GS300 and they said around 3,700 for the year. I am 21 years old and have a perfect record with no tickets. If i get a 2000 GS400, do you think it will be the same price or much cheaper because the car is older or will it more because it is faster. Sorry for all the questions but i want to hear from the experts before i make a decision on my dream car.  Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing your responses.

When you get 25y/o your insurace will drop, but 3700 a year is pitiful. YOu should get quotes from other companies. Yes a lexus with 50 to 60000 miles is good. just do your research on the car. try to get one with one owner, no accidents or leased vehicles. get a 60 day car fax subscription. where do you live and what year are the cars that oyu want. I just for a 00 gs 300 for 18999 whit 61,500 miles, plus i got a 3 year extended warranty.I wouldnt pay 25000 for a car with that many miles on it. At the most 20-21.

Damn 1600, I pay 700 for 6 months on a 00 gs 300. WHere do you live. WHat insurance co you with. Im with geico

That is 1600 per YEAR.... Plus the gs400 has a v8 and adds a hefty bit too the cost.... I have a friend wtih a 350Z, and his payment is lower then mine because of the 6.

Neway - 1600 was the almost the lowest I could find.

I`m 19 with a perfect record and i only pay $324, for a 2000 gs400. Thank goodness. =)

I`m 19 with a perfect record and i only pay $324, for a 2000 gs400. Thank goodness. =)

At 600/month, this isn't too bad... Especially in the LA area. If you are in the country it goes down Drastically -- Lexdia -- do you only have liability? Because at 19 I would say it's impossible to get it that low unless its under your parents name and you are driving the car (not under your name).

haven't had problems with mine yet. I paid about $30k for a 01 430 blk/blk with 40,000 miles. I am 26 and pay about $1300 a year for full coverage w/250 collision & 500 comprehensive with state farm. I have had cars in my name for a while and it has never been over 1200/year (except this one). Even my 2000 R6 was cheap for about $560/year full coverage.

keep searching it's worth it

I just bought a 98 gs 400 with 72k for $14,000. Car is in immacualte condition other than a few rock chips on front valance. Also came with navigation. As to the insurance, I just shopped for this car and cheapest I found was w/progressive.

I'm 23 with a perfect record and my insurance company wants about 1600 / yr for a 98gs4... I suppose it wouldn't increase more then a hundred or two for the other two years...  BTW Only had the car for a lil over a month now, but no problems thus far

somebody soi....?

what color is your gs 400 any rims yet?....have pics?:cheers: