'popping' Suspension Noise When Turning Wheel

please help!

when i am driving, going over bumps, etc. the car doesn't make a sound.....BUT.... when i am stopped and i turn the wheel, or am backing out slowly and turning the wheel, i hear a distinct popping sound under the car. anyone ever had this issue on their SC? i think it does it to when i drop it into gear or reverse at a stop as well.

please help!

when i am driving, going over bumps, etc. the car doesn't make a sound.....BUT.... when i am stopped and i turn the wheel, or am backing out slowly and turning the wheel, i hear a distinct popping sound under the car. anyone ever had this issue on their SC? i think it does it to when i drop it into gear or reverse at a stop as well.

Patrick,

This has happened to me also, usually when pulling out of the garage and turning sharply out of the driveway usually when I put in in drive and turn hard left with the steering wheel. I don't know if its a shift of a front end bushing or the tire(s) it self being low on air but the tire sensor monitor wasn't on so this had me wonding also. I am actually in the process of changing my runflats in for conventional tires. I don't know what goes on but It hasn't happened in a while??

Regards,

Blaise

please help!

Some sort of steering part connected to the wheel probably needs to be lubricated. So when turning the wheel the metal joints are rubbing together and with low amounts of lubrication can cause them to have more friction and pop at times.

thanks so much for the replies, i really appreciate it. the lexus dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.... but it's still there!

Yeah they won't find anything broken or worn. Just tell them to lube/grease all the steering gear, even the parts connected to the front wheels. See if that solves the problem.

please help!

I also had this problem, but it has been fixed. It surely sounds like the same issue. My Lexus dealer did some kind of adjustment to the front brake calipers. After they did this, the noise stopped and it has not returned in over a year.

• 3 years later...