Rhino Ramps Shoot Backward

I bought a set of Rhino Ramps at Pep Boys for $40. They are rated at 12,000Lbs GVW. So before anyone tries to tare me a new one because I have plastic ramps, my '95 ES300 is nowhere near 12,000Lbs GVW.

On to my dilemma. Before I purchased them, I read that people had a problem with getting on the ramps because they slid forward. I made sure I wouldn’t have this problem by wedging the ramps up to a lip in my driveway between the driveway and the garage. I aligned the ramps to my front tires, drove up the edge of the ramps, and slowly began to drive on up the ramps. All was going well until I got to the top of the ramp and the passenger's side front tire somehow shot the ramp backwards, while the driver's side front tire was stable and stopped on the ramp. So now I have my foot on the brake, my passenger's side front tire is suspended above ground. I back up slowly and put the ramps away after scaring the hell out of myself and having to postpone my oil change for another day. From all the Google searches I did, the only problem people had with these ramps is them sliding forward when you try to climb them. I found no account of them shooting back and behind the car.

Any idea what I could to quickly stop on top of the ramps without spinning my tires and shooting the ramps back? I think this was a strange occurrence, but a scary one so I would like to prevent it from happening again. Any advice? Thanks!

this will sound strange but try putting the car in 2 and not D. The wheels will be less apt to spin fast with little applied to the gas.

I say this because on my GS, the SNOW, button when pressed prevents the car from starting out in first gear to aid in traction and prevent wheel spin.

just a thought.

or try placing a couple of 2x 10s boards in front of the ramp so you drive up on them first. 1 4 feet long and then another 2 ft long. This will gradually get you half way up the ramp so the climb is not so steep and you will have an easier time stopping at the top. Similar to what I suggested to this guy in this thread here.

steviej.

this will sound strange but try putting the car in 2 and not D. The wheels will be less apt to spin fast with little applied to the gas.

I say this because on my GS, the SNOW, button when pressed prevents the car from starting out in first gear to aid in traction and prevent wheel spin.

just a thought.

or try placing a couple of 2x 10s boards in front of the ramp so you drive up on them first. 1 4 feet long and then another 2 ft long. This will gradually get you half way up the ramp so the climb is not so steep and you will have an easier time stopping at the top. Similar to what I suggested to this guy in this thread here.

steviej.

I'm not sure if i just had bad luck on my first try with the ramps when they shot back, or if putting the car into "2" (which makes sense in theory) but I tried what you said, putting the car in 2 and i had no problems getting on the ramps (didnt need the boards). Thanks steviej!