New Ac Compressor.......:/

tompkinsmt

Ive recharged it and everything, now it just blows out hot air and everyone is telling me that I'm pretty much going to have to buy a new compressor

so now ive been searching all over the web for one, and i found a few at a not so bad price and a few that is outrageous. question is, where do i get one? ive searched Ebay and found one for 140+ shipping. Not to bad......do you think i should go w/ a junkyard for one?

Any idea will help. Any idea on how else to fix it or at lease check to make sure its that will help also. I am not mechanically inclined, so gotta work with me, lol

i have a few other problems that you guys might be able to help w/ too. But ill post them later on

you are about to make a huge mistake, first of all just because it blows hot air doesnt necessarily mean ur compressor is the culprit or the only culprit...u can have a leak from anywhere...expansion valve, shrader valve, evaporator,reciever drier etc,etc...also ur system has to be vacuumed out to get all the moisture from the system or the contaminants will ruin any new components, here is what u need to do...take it to a shop that does a/c work and have them do a systems check on it to determine what is exactly wrong with it,if u have the knowledge to do this work then by all means go for it,but do not just replace ur compressor and thing things are going to work fine after that

you are about to make a huge mistake, first of all just because it blows hot air doesnt necessarily mean ur compressor is the culprit or the only culprit...u can have a leak from anywhere...expansion valve, shrader valve, evaporator,reciever drier etc,etc...also ur system has to be vacuumed out to get all the moisture from the system or the contaminants will ruin any new components, here is what u need to do...take it to a shop that does a/c work and have them do a systems check on it to determine what is exactly wrong with it,if u have the knowledge to do this work then by all means go for it,but do not just replace ur compressor and thing things are going to work fine after that

Agree with Python, do all the necessary checks before spending money on replacements parts only to get the same result. Your car should have been converted to the R-134A by now and if it was not properly vaccumed it will not function regardless of what you do. A system leak check will determine any leaks using a special dye and from there you should be able to find the problem. Becareful if doing it yourself and observed the warnings for R-134A as it will knock you out cold.

Duuuuude. My car just needed a 25 cent gasket for the high pressure connection behind the battery.

Don't get ripped off. Recharge the system with leak detector R-134a and retrofit the system.

Read up online and on this site. The old rubber o-rings are 99% the issue. One little slow leak is all it takes.

Duuuuude. My car just needed a 25 cent gasket for the high pressure connection behind the battery.

Don't get ripped off. Recharge the system with leak detector R-134a and retrofit the system.

Read up online and on this site. The old rubber o-rings are 99% the issue. One little slow leak is all it takes.

Well, that may have been your issue but is far from 99% of causes for leaks. Most A/C leaks on most cars with old age and high miles tend to be compressor front seals. For the LS400 the evaporator core also tends to start leaking. Not a fun repair. My 96 has both leaks right now and I'm still saving for the parts, haha.