Leak At Power Steering Idle Up Valve

SRK

I changed the oil in the LS this afternoon, and for the first time I noticed a bit of oil dripping from the power steering pump area. It seems to be coming from the idle up valve, and as a result dripped and missed the alternator altogether. I have wiped everything clean and will re-inspect it again soon, but does anyone know if these idle up valves leak? And if so is the valve available separately?

Thanks for any advice.

My shop manual show this valve as a simple spool valve that diverts extra air to the manifold as the pump pressure rises at full steering lock. I think the variable assist is done in the pump or the rack. This valve has two vacuum hoses going to and from it.

The 'idle-up' can leak if it isn't screwed in tight. I broke one plastic fitting[where one of the two hoses connect] and had to buy one---GOODBY $120. !!!!

The drip may be originating from above--wait and see. Can't remember if there was an o-ring there or not.

If you unscrew later, be careful not to break anything--it is all plastic[except where it screws in].

Thanks to all. I will drive it for a bit more and then check again where it leaks from, and if it is the valve, then I'll replace it.

I imagine that even an exchange pump doesn't come with the valve anyways.