Rx 330 Tires In Northeast

ssreekak

Hello All,

I am having to replace my tires @ 45 K. I did not expect such an early need since I had Michelin MXV's (235/55/18) on the AWD model. However, I had to replace a couple because one of them was damaged over sharp material in a construction site @ about 20K.

I drive in New Hampshire and Massachusetts mostly and I am looking for good all-season tires. It snowed an awful lot and rained that much as well this past season so that is a primary criteria for me. Thank you....

- S

I'm not as far north as you are, but we do get quite a bit of ice when Jan/Feb hits and I have had a couple sets of Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S's put on our heavily used 1999 RX300 and I gotta admit I like them alot. I wait and see what others chime in with, but a vote for these from Baltimore, Maryland.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Bridgestone dueler H/L alenza Had them for 18 months great in the rain great in sloppy slushy weather and good in snow they seem to be wearing good and they drive and handle excellent. I would buy them again.

X2 :D

Thanks folks :D

Btw, I am also looking @ a fairly new tire called the Fortera Tripletred from Goodyear. Seems very good from various reviews from epinions and tirerack. However, I have not seen any RX330 owners report (from these reviews). The tread wear is what is disconcerting from a few reviewers.

Anybody here used them?

I may end up with Bridgestones eventually since they have 2 votes...

Bridgestone dueler H/L alenza Had them for 18 months great in the rain great in sloppy slushy weather and good in snow they seem to be wearing good and they drive and handle excellent. I would buy them again.

And you can get a screamin' deal on them at SAM's club .... in Colorado, it was $680 plus taxes out the door.

Add me to growing list that really likes these tires. I put a set on my 05 330 and they are fairly quiet, ride quite well in the rain and no snow since putting them on but I expect good traction.

I did some reading on this and other forums and these have an excellent reputation.

Add me to growing list that really likes these tires. I put a set on my 05 330 and they are fairly quiet, ride quite well in the rain and no snow since putting them on but I expect good traction.

I did some reading on this and other forums and these have an excellent reputation.

I just put a new (replacement) set on our 2004 RX330. After 38,500 miles, the Alenza's were down to 4/32 and and were in need of replacement. Because they offer a 65K treadlife warranty, and I only got 38K, I got quite a bit of money back to help pay for the replacements. Much better than the Michelin's that don't offer any type of treadlife warranty.

Add me to the list of owners that are happy with the Alenza's. No complaints after this past winter in Chicago. And we know what a long winter it was!

The Alenzas on my wife's 2004 RX330 AWD are pushing 51,000 miles and still going strong. I run them at 36 to 37 psi year-round and rotate them myself at every oil & filter change that I do. While our set may not get the full 65,000 miles in the warranty, I won't be surprised if they reach the 60,000-mile mark. I checked the treadwear when they hit 50,000 miles and all four of them were right at 5/32....

Be aware that the Alenza is the only Bridgestone SUV/truck tire worth having. All of the other Bridgestone Dueler tire models range from lousy to mediocre....

The Alenzas on my wife's 2004 RX330 AWD are pushing 51,000 miles and still going strong. I run them at 36 to 37 psi year-round and rotate them myself at every oil & filter change that I do. While our set may not get the full 65,000 miles in the warranty, I won't be surprised if they reach the 60,000-mile mark. I checked the treadwear when they hit 50,000 miles and all four of them were right at 5/32....

Be aware that the Alenza is the only Bridgestone SUV/truck tire worth having. All of the other Bridgestone Dueler tire models range from lousy to mediocre....

I run 35psi in ours and rotate every 5K. For others that were interested, Bridgestone offers the treadlife mileage warranty replacement at 4/32.

• 2 weeks later...

My Bridgestone Dueler H/L's came with my used 04' 330, so I can't comment on the miles, but I do like them. The dealer told me the OE tires will be quieter, though they won't last as long. Tires are so expensive that I'll opt for the longest wearing over noise reduction. Any other suggestions for quieter tires that last? I don't need to worry about traction in the snow but rain traction is important.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello All,

I am having to replace my tires @ 45 K. I did not expect such an early need since I had Michelin MXV's (235/55/18) on the AWD model. However, I had to replace a couple because one of them was damaged over sharp material in a construction site @ about 20K.

I drive in New Hampshire and Massachusetts mostly and I am looking for good all-season tires. It snowed an awful lot and rained that much as well this past season so that is a primary criteria for me. Thank you....

- S

FYI - I drive in New England too & chose the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza (from this board's reviewers) which were $185/tire at Firestone. I called around & that was the best price I could find. They have to be better than the factory fires which I had worn out with only 28k miles & consequently did not pass inspection. Also, it seemed I was always slipping & sliding on those tires, hills with wet leaves were the worst.

From now on, I'll be rotating & aligning 4x year due to the millions of potholes which are virtually impossible to avoid. I purchased "free" tire rotations & alignments for the life of the tires.

*Note* to drivers who have not changed out their tires yet -- make sure you have the wheel lock key. For some odd reason we could not find the key to my wheels. Lexus changed them out for me for free because they are the only ones who have serviced the vehicle (other than now with Firestone & the tires.) I'll get back after I have had a chance to drive on ice & snow which I hope is not too soon!

Hello All,

- S

Actually,thats very good millage outa those tires!

• 2 weeks later...

X2 :D

x5. Seems to be the replacement tire of choice. I have had them for 2 winters now and am entering my 3rd winter without worrying about the treadwear yet. Basically the Alenza'a turn your AWD RX330 into a tank compared to other motorists in the snow and I have not noticed significant increases in noise during the summer. I drive in Southwest Ontario, Canada and take a cross country road trip to Nova Scotia each winter (5000 km's total trip).

I highly recommend them.

• 3 months later...

From Chicago here.... I'm running with the Alenzas now. Got around 48K on them. Great lasting tire so far. However, very loud tire in my opinion and I thought it would be better in the snow. Drives great in rain and dry weather. On dry pavement, this tire make the RX handle like its on rails. I do a lot of driving so the sound can be irritating. Not sure if I will buy again. If I find another tire that's rated as good, I'll try that before these again.