Few Quick Questions('94 Es)

The1

How would I go about making my 94 es more quiet? It has a deep sound that makes it seem like a cheap old bucket. Also, I feel dumb asking this question, but the the right of the steering wheel close to were ones knee would be there is a small vent like thing, what is it? One more thing how exactly do you know if something is wrong with the unlock/lock function on the key? When I unlock and lock the doors with the button on the inside ten times the car beeps once, then a pause, and then twice. Does any one know what the problem may be? TIA

You have many of us confused, much more than we normally would be, simply because you haven't given us enough specifics of your problem, and then you give us conflicting information.

You have a "deep sound". Coming from where? When the engine is idling? When at speed? When accelerating/slowing down? Is it coming from the rear of the car? From the transmission? Can you be more descriptive as to what the sound really sounds like? A deep sound isn't much to go on. You really need to give us more.

You ask if there is a problem with your remote key fob, and then say that when you " unlock and lock the doors with the button on the inside ten times the car beeps once, then a pause, and then twice." Does your key fob remote lock and unlock the doors properly? Are you saying that using the door lock button on the driver's arm rest causes the system to beep once, then pause and beep twice? And why would you lock and unlock the door 10 times in a row? Are you trying to reprogram the remote?

And now I'm going to take a guess as to the small grill opening you've found on the dash. I've seen the same thing on many newer cars for years, and I'm assuming that behind the grill there is the in car temperature sensor. Its how the automatic heating and air conditioning system senses when it needs to turn on or off or raise or lower the interior temperature to what you have it set to on the dash selector. ( At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ) Please get back to us so that someone here can answer your questions.

I'm sorry I was kind of in a rush earlier, if I were to answer my own questions I would be confused as well. The Deep sound is all the time from when I start the car until I turn it off. It doesn't sound as if something is wrong, but it sounds like it can be fixed.

Key Fob- Yes by the unlocking/locking 10 times i'm trying to reprogram it but the button still doesnt work. The alarm does but the button on the key doesnt.

Small Grill- I figured thats what it was but others have told me that it was something else, but thats what I figured it was all along.

Thank You

As far as the key fob, have you tried replacing the battery inside the key? If you do not know how long the battery has been in there, it would be a good idea to start with replacing the battery. I would recomend purchasing a new battery at Radio Shack.

As far as noise, there is a fex joint in the exhaust pipe, it is located underneath the engine. It is possible there is a hole in the flex joint. If you find a leak, I would recomend checking the upper engine torque mount (the short bar, by the passenger side strut). If this mount is bad, the engine will rock back and forth more than it should. This will put additional strain on the exhaust flex joint.

As far as the key fob, have you tried replacing the battery inside the key? If you do not know how long the battery has been in there, it would be a good idea to start with replacing the battery. I would recomend purchasing a new battery at Radio Shack.

As far as noise, there is a fex joint in the exhaust pipe, it is located underneath the engine. It is possible there is a hole in the flex joint. If you find a leak, I would recomend checking the upper engine torque mount (the short bar, by the passenger side strut). If this mount is bad, the engine will rock back and forth more than it should. This will put additional strain on the exhaust flex joint.

As soon as I got the car and noticed the key fob didnt work I went to radio shack and replaced the battery and still nothing worked. And as for the noise, thank you, I'll check it out tomorrow.