Unhappy With Rx450h

Eldor

yeah, put it in reverse and punch it in a empty parking lot/street. the engine wont rev, it may turn on but it wont rev high like flooring it in Drive. reverse is all electric i believe it is stated in the manual also.

Well, they never advertised and ability to do donuts (doughnuts in Canada) in the parking lot.

We had some snow a few days ago, and I tried to play with the stability control in a parking lot. Unfortunately, I had to be careful as it was not empty (I was too busy to find a really empty lot). I don't think I was able to get above 25-30 km/hr but definitely noticed something kick in when I tried to deliberately spin out. I can't say if it was asymmetric braking or if power was being applied, but it felt different than just traction control. Some day I'll take the time to play some more. I keep the winter tires on for another month, so hopefully I'll get a blizzard before then to try it out (you guys in Washington stole our snow!).

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....until you pull up to the gas pumps at the same time jrober does and he tells you he is averaging 32.5 MPG in his hybrid Lexus RX.

My nephew's wife bought an RX350 just before regular shot up to 4.20/gallon. She was not a happy camper!

I just had to throw out those comments. After all, this is a hybrid forum! :P

yeah, put it in reverse and punch it in a empty parking lot/street. the engine wont rev, it may turn on but it wont rev high like flooring it in Drive. reverse is all electric i believe it is stated in the manual also.

That's right, it won't rev ... no matter how much pedel you stomp. Why? Beats me. I just saw a working mechanical model that showed the process way better than I could ever attempt to explain it. I'll see if I can find the web link. Another obscure issue is the mechanical key. On a REGULARE ICE car ... when you turn the key to 'start' - ALL power is killed (radio, etc ... maybe with the exception of headlights, which will dim way down) so that the starter motor has as much of the starter battery as necessary. On the RX hybrid (prior to the newest gen, which has the 'Power On' button) if you have your NAV screen up when you turn the key to 'start' ... the MFD gets conked out as though you'd turned the car off ... which is completely unnecessary, since the ICE start is done by the traction pack ... not the aux battery. The aux battery mearly needs to boot up the ECU's. You'd think Lexus would have bypassed the internal part of the ignition switch that kills other electronics that are running.

• 3 years later...

this is gonna seem rude but after reading your long-!Removed! post, u come across as a rich spoiled whiner. what'd u do buy the car blind? i mean for pete's sake ever hear of the "test drive" concept? wasn't all that stuff u're bitchin' about there when u signed for the car? i get the sense u have more $$ than brains - espeiclally, if u're buying a car every 2 yrs.

i suggest u spend some coin having someone advise u on how to purchase a vehicle and mind u, while i'm older, i still have common sense.

best.