Best Place To Buy Suspension Parts

mnesbit

I have a 95 LS400 which has over 500,000 KM.

It still runs great but the suspension, creaks, groans and rolls and I am sure most of the suspension parts have to be replaced.

Here is a simple question:

Does anybody have a good source for the Lexus suspension parts which are reasonable in cost???

Thanks.. Mike

Any clunking? If you've never replaced any parts I'd assume your due for some replacements. Are you looking for purely OEM parts? I would recommend that. You'll probably be looking at upper control arms, lower control arms (unless you don't mind doing aftermarket poly bushings, lower ball joinds, and strut rod bushings which must be pressed out. Be sure to know that poly bushings will squeek unles they're greased properly and possibly regreased throughout the use of the car. I know this from experience with lower control arm bushings. I bought most of my parts from Carson Toyota. Also look into Lexus of Pembrooke Pines in S. FL. I got the best price on OEM lower ball joints from eBay believe it or not. Lot's of threads on here about suspension parts as well.

Sewell Lexus & Plano Lexus (both in Texas, US) do sell parts online at competitive prices. I bought couple of times and have no complaints. Google the names and you can reach their websites.

www.parts.com

they're the lowest priced i've found...all genuine oem parts too - it's a "clearing house" for parts, kind of like priceline.com is for travel.

• 2 weeks later...
www.parts.com

they're the lowest priced i've found...all genuine oem parts too - it's a "clearing house" for parts, kind of like priceline.com is for travel.

Their price was good on parts, but excessive charges on shipping fee (15% of order total), PLUS Handling fee $2. Total S&H was $32, for what UPS will charge them less than $7 to deliver it.

I did buy, because the price (inc S&H) was a tad better than one of the other two, who by the way, was offering free shipping.