Headlight Cleaners That Work?any Siggestions, Products?

hi id much rather post here since i ask questions on club lexus and dont get any repsonses.i have a simple question for the experts.i have a 93 es300 my headlights arent bad at all compared to ones ive seen.but there still a little foggy.i can live with them but ive seen and heard of some people whove bought some products that make a diffrence.im not into the whole baking and opening up my headlights.i know it works the ebst but id still rather not mess with it.has anyone bought or used anything that works good??id like to maybe make them a little more clear.any and all suggestions or advice is much appreciated thank you

I have had great success with a product called CrystalView. You can get it at Advance Auto Parts.

It is about $20 for a packet that is enough to do a set of large headlights. It will take you about an hour.

I have used it three times on three different cars and the results are quite spectacular.

Keep in mind this product will only take care of the outside of the headlights. The older ES models sometimes fogged on the inside of the lens, hence the baking and opening. Most times the baking and opening was also done to "clear the corners" meaning remove the orange reflector on the side of the lens assembly.

Try the Crystal View, you will be pleased.

steviej

hey pete,

do it right the first time. it's cheap and lasts forever.

get 1500 grit sandpaper

get 400 grit sandpaper or similar

one can of clear coat (smallest you can find).

WET sand the lenses with the 400 grit. It will leave them looking milky and like you really messed up your lenses with the sandpaper...do this a few times. this gets off the yellow oxidation.

second, with the 1500 grit WET sand again until you have made it baby butt smooth..or if you are like me (ocd haha) you think you have sanded out every last imperfection. your lenses will still look milky and like you really messed them up. 1500 grit is for mirror finishes...so you know what this is for.

lastly, newspaper off around the lenses or take them out before starting this whole process. LIGHTLY dust with clear coat...3 coats will likely do it. LOOKS LIKE NEW!! B)

email me if you have questions...trust me, you will love your work and be proud.

If you are just looking to get them clear again, with minimun effort / time. Use "Mothers Mag cleaner" Takes 5 mins and the lens are clear, I used it a year ago and it still looks decent (and the sun down here in TX is hard on these lens). Now I am sure sanding and clear coat will give much better results, but for a cheap, fast fix, this works well.

If you are just looking to get them clear again, with minimun effort / time. Use "Mothers Mag cleaner" Takes 5 mins and the lens are clear, I used it a year ago and it still looks decent (and the sun down here in TX is hard on these lens). Now I am sure sanding and clear coat will give much better results, but for a cheap, fast fix, this works well.

George,

I, however, appreciate your input...but quality, not quickness.

hey pete,

do it right the first time. it's cheap and lasts forever.

get 1500 grit sandpaper

get 400 grit sandpaper or similar

one can of clear coat (smallest you can find).

WET sand the lenses with the 400 grit. It will leave them looking milky and like you really messed up your lenses with the sandpaper...do this a few times. this gets off the yellow oxidation.

second, with the 1500 grit WET sand again until you have made it baby butt smooth..or if you are like me (ocd haha) you think you have sanded out every last imperfection. your lenses will still look milky and like you really messed them up. 1500 grit is for mirror finishes...so you know what this is for.

lastly, newspaper off around the lenses or take them out before starting this whole process. LIGHTLY dust with clear coat...3 coats will likely do it. LOOKS LIKE NEW!! B)

email me if you have questions...trust me, you will love your work and be proud.

what you just detailed is the exact contents and procedure of the Clear View kit.

steviej

My 94 es300 had badly yellowed and hazy headlights. I bought a product called Blue magic headlight lens restore (I think from Autozone). It took a little elbow grease (applied just like car wax) but they look like new. I believe it was under $10.

hi id much rather post here since i ask questions on club lexus and dont get any repsonses.i have a simple question for the experts.i have a 93 es300 my headlights arent bad at all compared to ones ive seen.but there still a little foggy.i can live with them but ive seen and heard of some people whove bought some products that make a diffrence.im not into the whole baking and opening up my headlights.i know it works the ebst but id still rather not mess with it.has anyone bought or used anything that works good??id like to maybe make them a little more clear.any and all suggestions or advice is much appreciated thank you

I have seen good results from using an orbital polisher with pad and good quality wax polish bring the headlamps back to new again lamps

ok i just used this stuff about 5 minutes ago and dummy me should of taken before pictures.my headlights werent that bad at all just minor hazing.but not bad at all but WOW!!! that stuff really worked they look almost new.much much clearer than they were before.i will post pics of the results maybe tommorow or later today.thank you so much guys for all of your expertise its much appreciated thanxxx

• 4 weeks later...

well I was at the gas station today and a salesman walked up to me and showed me a demo of a product they were selling. Check it out, rgslabs.com, it worked really good.