Did Anyone Add Ipod Interface Unit

puddyboy

This is the IPOD interface unit that hooks up to Stereo head unit. You can control songs, playlists via center console and charge IPOD too. Plug will come out of glove box. This should be much nicer/better than aux plug. I will have my dealer to install it yet. Appreciated if someone of you can share your thoughts or experience.

-Kent

07 ES 350

04 GX 470

Yes. As a musicholic it was a no brainer.

I love it. Everything is at my fingertips; no fumbling around with the iPod while driving.

Just be sure to turn off the iPod every time you leave your car. If you don't the iPod battery will drain.

Just be sure to turn off the iPod every time you leave your car. If you don't the iPod battery will drain.

Really? Mine charges the ipod and keeps the battery at full. I put the plug in the glove box and I just keep my ipod in there and forget about it. It turns itself on and off, and when I wanna take it out with me it's always fully charged. What interface do you have? I thought they all did that.

Really? Mine charges the ipod and keeps the battery at full. I put the plug in the glove box and I just keep my ipod in there and forget about it. It turns itself on and off, and when I wanna take it out with me it's always fully charged. What interface do you have? I thought they all did that.

I agree, the one in my wife's ES350 does the same. The battery is never dead.

John

I agree, the one in my wife's ES350 does the same. The battery is never dead.

John

I have the I-simple and I was told by my installer to unhook it when I'm not using it. You could drain your car battery if it's already weak or burn up the ipod battery.

I installed the USASPEC PA15-TOY in my '06 GS300. Easy install and works great. Paid about $110 for it. They've got versions of this product for various Lexii:

http://usaspec.com/

Do you have indash nav also?

I installed the USASPEC PA15-TOY in my '06 GS300. Easy install and works great. Paid about $110 for it. They've got versions of this product for various Lexii:

http://usaspec.com/

Do you have indash nav also?

Yes, I do.

I do as well. So I got the Vaitech SL (blah blah blah whatever) model. So I can watch movies from the ipod as well on the nav screen. It's the only feature I think that most of the other ipod interface units don't offer. And it still allows you to have sat radio like XFM or Sirrius. I only bring this up because most of the ipod interface units use that input so you have to make a choice, sat radio or ipod interface. And I like having sat radio as well. So when your doing your research make sure you get one that fits all of your needs and doesn't make you sacrifice some of the other options you may really want.