Rx300 Wheels

rckid

I have a 2001 RX300 and want some bigger wheels. Does anyone have pics of different wheels on an RX300? Where can I find some wheels that will fit? What size does everyone put on? I was thinking 18" or 20".

Thanks,

Clay G.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are interested, I also have a 2001 RX300 Silversport in which I replaced the stock rims with the chrome factory RX330 wheels (235/55/18). After researching a bit, I ended up purchasing the OEM rims from Carson Toyota out in California (www.carsontoyota.com - anyone in parts would be able to help you). Their service was very reliable and they were flexible working with someone like me out in Massachusetts. Another place I looked at was Capital Wheels (www.capitalwheels.com). However, their rims are not OEM and are replicas. In this size, you will not need any spacers and they will fit perfectly (according to wheel/tire experts running some type of equation to verify fit, it's very close to perfect when compared to the stock rims/tires although with the new rims, my car sits 0.15-0.20 inches lower). My understanding is that there are only 3 tires out there that fit this size. They are the Goodyear Eagle RS-As, Michelin Energy MXV4 S8, and the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 (these are snows so...). I opted for the Michelins and I am quite happy with them so far (they seem to have a slightly higher warranty rating). I will try to post pics soon; hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of ADR Kasai's(collecting dust) and a set of RSL Akunin 18x8, 38et with 235/55/18 Michelin MXV4+ tires. The wheels are hyper chrome and look killer.

http://www.rslwheels.com/wheels/?sfID1=12&sfID2=51

The wheels are off for the winter so I don't have any pics of the RSL wheels on the car but I do have pics of the ADRs at home. I'll post it tonight.

Jeremy

An advantage of the 1.2" spacers is that they allow you to use snowchains on the rear or the rear and the front without incurring the safety hazards of snowchains only on the front which is what Lexus requires due to poor rear suspension clearance.

Also the new tires have a wider tread giving more traction and with the wider "stance" comes more stability against rollover.

Spacers........Space the wheel outward from the hub/brake !Removed!'by so wider wheels and tires may be used without rubbing.

If you need a more expansive or different definition you'll need to ask James T. Kirk.

AlohaRx, I was told by Carson that they often work with a retailer that sells OEM RX330 rims after they sell larger rims to RX330 customers. I bought a set from Carson that was used for less than a 100 miles and upon receiving and thoroughly inspecting them, I was completely satisfied (pls. check attached pic). I am surprised about the group purchase - Carson as well as any local Lexus dealership were willing to sell me new RX330 rims (regular and chrome) - only they were a bit too expensive... Apologies if I mislead anyone... My recommendation is that if you are OK with purchasing slightly used rims for a reasonable price, Carson is reputable enough and will find you the right product if available. I think the contact person was Steve Ganz. Hope this helps...

post-5-1076646874.jpg

AlohaRx, I was told by Carson that they often work with a retailer that sells OEM RX330 rims after they sell larger rims to RX330 customers. I bought a set from Carson that was used for less than a 100 miles and upon receiving and thoroughly inspecting them, I was completely satisfied (pls. check attached pic). I am surprised about the group purchase - Carson as well as any local Lexus dealership were willing to sell me new RX330 rims (regular and chrome) - only they were a bit too expensive... Apologies if I mislead anyone... My recommendation is that if you are OK with purchasing slightly used rims for a reasonable price, Carson is reputable enough and will find you the right product if available. I think the contact person was Steve Ganz. Hope this helps...

Hey guys,

I am new here. I also have a 2001 RX300 Silversport. I was looking to upgrade my wheels to a larger size as well. I was looking at the RX330 wheels and they look perfect. I currently have a stock set of both aluminum and chrome wheels. Both are 16". The stock aluminum are wrapped in Michelin CrrosTerrain SUV tires for the winter and the Chrome wheels have Goodyear Integrity Tires.

I was wondering what my options were. How much were the wheels and tires that you ordered through carson toyota. Howmuch was everything shipped to your residence. Thanmks for all the info and if anyone else wants to chime in with some suggestions, they would be much appreciated. thanks!

strmrdr23

I saw the photo of the suv..it looks good. What size tires were youi able to put on 20" wheels?

thanks! i think they are 245/40/20...michelins where the only folks that made that size before (it's the x5 stock tire) but i think there's a bunch of tire companies now...

• 3 weeks later...

I just replaced my 2004 RX330 original 18" wheels, and upgraded for 19" wheels with no modification / no spacers needed. It handle better now.

I'm selling the original RX330's 18 inches silver wheels & Goodyear Eagle RSA 235/55/18Tires with less than 200 miles (tires still have nubs on them) for $1000.00

I'm in Los Angeles, and I can ship it to lower 48 state of USA. Buyer pay shipping cost.

Also, weekend or weekday-evening pickup is welcome.

My email is mek88@yahoo.com

• 1 year later...
AlohaRx, I was told by Carson that they often work with a retailer that sells OEM RX330 rims after they sell larger rims to RX330 customers.  I bought a set from Carson that was used for less than a 100 miles and upon receiving and thoroughly inspecting them, I was completely satisfied (pls. check attached pic).  I am surprised about the group purchase - Carson as well as any local Lexus dealership were willing to sell me new RX330 rims (regular and chrome) - only they were a bit too expensive...  Apologies if I mislead anyone...  My recommendation is that if you are OK with purchasing slightly used rims for a reasonable price, Carson is reputable enough and will find you the right product if available.  I think the contact person was Steve Ganz.  Hope this helps...

What tire size did you go with on those 330's I am looking at putting the 255/55/18's but dont want a rub.

ANy advice.

AlohaRx, I was told by Carson that they often work with a retailer that sells OEM RX330 rims after they sell larger rims to RX330 customers.  I bought a set from Carson that was used for less than a 100 miles and upon receiving and thoroughly inspecting them, I was completely satisfied (pls. check attached pic).  I am surprised about the group purchase - Carson as well as any local Lexus dealership were willing to sell me new RX330 rims (regular and chrome) - only they were a bit too expensive...  Apologies if I mislead anyone...  My recommendation is that if you are OK with purchasing slightly used rims for a reasonable price, Carson is reputable enough and will find you the right product if available.  I think the contact person was Steve Ganz.  Hope this helps...

What size tires did you go with? The 235/60 or the 255/55's

This is pretty much the setup that I am working on but want to know if I will need spacers because of the rear strut.

Thanks

Nate