2002 Ls430 Steering Sounds When Telescoping

id1

I bought a 2002 LS430 a week ago and noticed squeaking sound when Steering wheel telescopes out/in during customary dance (engine start/shut). I did not hear any noise during the up/down movement phase: it sounds only during forward/backward movement.

I wonder whether this is a sign of bad things to happen soon OR some thing I can ignore now? Any suggestions are really appreciated.

Oh, by the way after 6yrs riding in a 95 LS400 and bringing its mileage to 215k, could not think of any other and snapped up a 2002 LS430 with Nav/ML with 81k. If I was happy with the 95 I am ecstatic with the 02. Every time I get in to one of them, I marvel at the way these cars are made. They are so near-perfect (for an automobile) in pampering the rider! I feel serene when riding which I never experienced on any other set of wheels.

Thanks LS... you are a veritable treasure trove for info. Hey, can I ask you another question? I know how to change NAV display color, but, Audio & Climate controls screens color change - any suggestion (It is ML)?

The attached TSIB is about noise during the telescoping of the steering wheel. I downloaded it from the ARRC (Auto Repair Reference Center) which is available at no cost through many public libraries.

Thanks LS... you are a veritable treasure trove for info. Hey, can I ask you another question? I know how to change NAV display color, but, Audio & Climate controls screens color change - any suggestion (It is ML)?

I saw your other thread asking the nav question but I tend to not reply to a thread unless I actually have a clue about a subject. If you don't have a manual for your nav system, you can get one for only $17.10 from Sewell Lexus in Texas: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_det...86967&all=Y

I've purchased a number of things from Sewell and been quite pleased with their service and prices ... even stopped by their dealership in Dallas near Love Field.

I do have NAV Manual, but, it only mentions how to change NAV screen color. I am referring to screens when you push 'Audio' & 'Climate' buttons - the brown with green buttons (whe on). I was wondering whether the brown default screen could be changed to a different color?

I saw your other thread asking the nav question but I tend to not reply to a thread unless I actually have a clue about a subject. If you don't have a manual for your nav system, you can get one for only $17.10 from Sewell Lexus in Texas: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_det...86967&all=Y

I've purchased a number of things from Sewell and been quite pleased with their service and prices ... even stopped by their dealership in Dallas near Love Field.