Just Installed My Hid

magat1

Hey MAGAT1!

How are your HIDs working out? I'm just curious because I've been watching this post for some time just hoping that these lights are in fact

a) the real deal

B) durable

c) still working

Also, what "color" is 5300k? I've been looking for the blueish tint (and have been told I'm seeking the 8300k temperature flavor), but can't find any on eBay. I may have to settle for 5300, which is a sort of _______ color (please fill in the blank).

Thanks for your help!

They are working great still, the color is compared to the Acura 3.2 TL. when it shines on the ground it is white in color but when you look at it, it is shimmering white blue. I am totally satisfied considering I only paid 225.00. The 8300k is probably more on the BMW color with the purpleish color.

Any chance you could take a pic out the windshield and show us what we get for $300? All I want is better lighting, purple, blue, or otherwise.

Just sen me an email and I will send you some pics of them, my pics are too big to post.

are the beams all messy? or is there a retro-fitted specific detailed line of the HID beam? hard to explain but. does it have a clean cut line. blah. somebody help me explain this if you even have the slight clue of what im talking about. and PICS! lets see some pics. shine that badboy onto a wall.

this should explain the 'cutoff' for others.

cutoff-line.jpg

The cutoff line is the horizontal line where the beam turns from fully illuminated to almost darkness. If headlights are aimed correctly, the cutoff line should be within 50-100m in front of the car. The cutoff band is the area around the cutoff line that can contain various colors. These are the beautiful colors that you see when looking at projector lights from a distance.

• 1 year later...
DON'T BUY FROM PROXENON!!!

hi!

I'm new here, but I want to share something, maybe u won't be fooled like me...:-(

I wanted to buy some retrofit HID xenon for my car, and after 2 months of prospecting the marked, I decided to buy one from www.proxenon.com....... DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!

after I talk on the email with them around 1 month, I decided to buy and send the money to them via bank check..... this was on 23 Jan 2003 !!!!! 1 year ago!!!!

since then I didn't receive the kit, even if I sent then tons of emails!!! I even called them and spent a lot of money, but they rejected my calls ( I am from Romania, but still..... the money 399$ was from me!!!! )

I even tried to offer them a sollution.... to send me other thing they are selling....

It's a long story, and I am tired to fight with them.... but maybe they won't cheat another person.....

so.... DON'T BUT FROM www.proxenon.com !!!

I am ready to buy my HID from Proxenon, and I did a lot research on them. But looks alike that they are completely different than what you've said they are,

BBB has completely different things to say about them.... in fact a very good rating for them:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business...ID=13189583&sm=

Also, They are selling on ebay... which also have very good reputations too:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1Q...assZproxenoninc So whatup with all your complaints????

Only $299 for a Hella HID Kit, I am buying my from them in about a week or so..