Just Installed My Hid

magat1

HEY ALL, JUST GOT MY MCCULLOCH HID TODAY AND INSTALLED IT IN 20 MIN!!!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE I SPENT OVER $300 ON DIFFERENT BULBS, I TRIED SILVER STARS, PIAA, AND BULBS FROM JIMMY540I BUT I CAN SAY THAT JIMMY'S BULBS WERE THE BEST ONES, BUT ANYWAY I WON THE HID'S ON EBAY FOR $226!!! AND I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO BULBS AGAIN, WHAT AN AMAZING JOY TO HAVE FINALLY HAVE REAL XENON'S!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON BULBS!!! IT IS SO MUCH BRIGHTER!!!

Do you mind telling me the seller's name? I don't like purchasing "xenon" bulbs off of eBay, because you never know what you're going to be getting... if I puchase from the same person you did, I'd feel much better about the whole process. I am currently using some "xenon" bulbs (i.e. not real xenon) that were sold to me about six months ago, which were advertised as being the real deal... what a deal! They've only blown out, oh three times. Thanks so much!

P.S. Your uploaded picture is corrupt!

are the beams all messy? or is there a retro-fitted specific detailed line of the HID beam? hard to explain but. does it have a clean cut line. blah. somebody help me explain this if you even have the slight clue of what im talking about. and PICS! lets see some pics. shine that badboy onto a wall.

It didn't come in the original packaging? What does it come in a brown box? Does it come with documentation or instructions? And the seller is in the US, yet it comes from Hong Kong? That stuff would make me a tad nervous. But, you did get the product, so I guess there's nothing to worry about.

How much did u pay for HID kit and where did u get it?

who me? I paid $600 for mine, and got them from SPW. Unfortunately, they're Website isn't coming up anymore.

SPW was ordered to stop selling HID kits at the end of last year.

A company can be fined $5000 for selling HID kits now.

It really sucks cuz they can't even sell them with the "Offroad Use Only" warning.

As for McCulloch, I've read a few different opinions. There were a few people who said that McCulloch is garbage and not to buy anything but Philips/Osram but I guess this could have been one of those flame comments.

*shrug*

A complete custom job where the headlight is taken apart and redesigned would be extremely expensive because of the damn autoleveling.

My understanding is that our (halogen) headlights are stationary while the HID headlighs have parts that can move freely.

I'm not sure on the legality of what ClearCorners does but it looks like they do a pretty good job.

DON'T BUY FROM PROXENON!!!

hi!

I'm new here, but I want to share something, maybe u won't be fooled like me...:-(

I wanted to buy some retrofit HID xenon for my car, and after 2 months of prospecting the marked, I decided to buy one from www.proxenon.com....... DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!

after I talk on the email with them around 1 month, I decided to buy and send the money to them via bank check..... this was on 23 Jan 2003 !!!!! 1 year ago!!!!

since then I didn't receive the kit, even if I sent then tons of emails!!! I even called them and spent a lot of money, but they rejected my calls ( I am from Romania, but still..... the money 399$ was from me!!!! )

I even tried to offer them a sollution.... to send me other thing they are selling....

It's a long story, and I am tired to fight with them.... but maybe they won't cheat another person.....

so.... DON'T BUT FROM www.proxenon.com !!!

A complete custom job where the headlight is taken apart and redesigned would be extremely expensive because of the damn autoleveling.

My understanding is that our (halogen) headlights are stationary while the HID headlighs have parts that can move freely.

I'm not sure on the legality of what ClearCorners does but it looks like they do a pretty good job.

The ones from Clearcorners are US DOT legal. They're taking BMWs, mercedes, and others and just fiting them into the existing housing. The only problems, are Price--at least a Grand, and your car has to be at their facility. It would be a custom job for the SCs since noone before has attempted to do the job.

SportsCoupe300:

I didn't know that SPW was forced to stop selling kits. That could the reason why their Website is down. <_<

DON'T BUY FROM PROXENON!!!

hi!

I'm new here, but I want to share something, maybe u won't be fooled like me...:-(

I wanted to buy some retrofit HID xenon for my car, and after 2 months of prospecting the marked, I decided to buy one from www.proxenon.com....... DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!

after I talk on the email with them around 1 month, I decided to buy and send the money to them via bank check..... this was on 23 Jan 2003 !!!!! 1 year ago!!!!

since then I didn't receive the kit, even if I sent then tons of emails!!! I even called them and spent a lot of money, but they rejected my calls ( I am from Romania, but still..... the money 399$ was from me!!!! )

I even tried to offer them a sollution.... to send me other thing they are selling....

It's a long story, and I am tired to fight with them.... but maybe they won't cheat another person.....

so.... DON'T BUT FROM www.proxenon.com !!!

Hey Chid:

is there a reason why you wanted me to see your post? Private Message me with your answer.

thanks a lot man.

UCF3

the seller is hidseller and has one going on til the 18th and it is at 102.00, most of them end at 220.00-230.00. they are actually dropshipped from Hong Kong and don't come in original box.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISA...&sort=3&rows=50

this ebay seller have a bad reputation, the hid kits he sells have problems

do not buy it if its from hong kong

well the us spec head lights didnt come with the hid projectors but did the japanese one come with it in them? anyone know?

As far as I know, the Japanese Soarers 2.5 didn't come with HIDs until the design change, but I know aftermarket manufacturers built HID system to fit the SOarers from 96 onwards.

• 1 month later...

Hey MAGAT1!

How are your HIDs working out? I'm just curious because I've been watching this post for some time just hoping that these lights are in fact

a) the real deal

B) durable

c) still working

Also, what "color" is 5300k? I've been looking for the blueish tint (and have been told I'm seeking the 8300k temperature flavor), but can't find any on eBay. I may have to settle for 5300, which is a sort of _______ color (please fill in the blank).

Thanks for your help!