Anyone Replaced The Accumulator Dryer On Their Rx?

m3b

My mechanic couldn't find the accumulator dryer. I see it is on the side of the condensor. Do you have to remove the condensor to replace it? My ac with a new compressor is not running cold enough (50 degrees). Any advice?

My mechanic couldn't find the accumulator dryer. I see it is on the side of the condensor. Do you have to remove the condensor to replace it? My ac with a new compressor is not running cold enough (50 degrees). Any advice?

You can't replace it because it is an integral part of the condenser. You can replace dessicant bag but you shouldn't have to unless your system was open for an extended period. Did your mechanic quickly and carefully plug the refrigerant lines while he was installing the new compressor?

You can't replace it because it is an integral part of the condenser. You can replace dessicant bag but you shouldn't have to unless your system was open for an extended period. Did your mechanic quickly and carefully plug the refrigerant lines while he was installing the new compressor?

I got the dryer as part of the kit, that is the dessicant bag. Do you know how to replace it? The compressor warranty says it is covered if you replace the dryer.

I would certainly make sure you have enough freon in the system. Once you have checked that (I think it should be 1.55 lbs), look to see if yourBLENDOR SERVO is stuck open which allows too much out door air into the system and makes it difficult for the coil to cool all the air to the proper temp.

You can also check to make sure you condensor fan is working properly and creating enough air flow over the condensor.

I got the dryer as part of the kit, that is the dessicant bag. Do you know how to replace it? The compressor warranty says it is covered if you replace the dryer.

You have to discharge the system. Iassume you can do it without removing the condenser but you have to work from the bottom. I did mine with a new condenser off the vehicle. After installing the new bag you will have to evap and re-charge your system.

You have to discharge the system. I assume you can do it without removing the condenser but you have to work from the bottom. I did mine with a new condenser off the vehicle. After installing the new bag you will have to evac and re-charge your system.

You have to discharge the system. I assume you can do it without removing the condenser but you have to work from the bottom. I did mine with a new condenser off the vehicle. After installing the new bag you will have to evac and re-charge your system.

Are you stuttering again Art? :lol:

Wasn't it a good experience and sense of accomplishment to do it yourself? Takes a lot of the mystery that the mechanics put in it out, doesn't it? With the equipment paid for by doing it yourself, you shouldn't ever have to pay to have that kind of work done ever again. I kept most of my tools (4 huge rollaways packed full) when I retired because I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to do whatever I needed to do. I love to help people and to learn and the way things change and will continue to (with the government now in the auto business), if you don't continue to be involved, you're behind the curve in a hurry.

I would certainly make sure you have enough freon in the system. Once you have checked that (I think it should be 1.55 lbs), look to see if yourBLENDOR SERVO is stuck open which allows too much out door air into the system and makes it difficult for the coil to cool all the air to the proper temp.

You can also check to make sure you condensor fan is working properly and creating enough air flow over the condensor.

Tjmc11- The levels are good on refrigerant. Can you tell me how to find the BLENDOR SERVO? I did replace one servo about a year ago. Thanks

so the accumulator bag goes inside the condensor?

I believe it's a round cylinder like device at on end of the condenser, not large round like you're used to thinking of a drier as being, but small round, maybe an inch or a little larger, but runs up the end of the condenser, possibly full height. I've never changed 1, I've only seen pictures of them. Artbuc recently replaced his condenser and drier, so he could tell you exactly what it looked like.

so the accumulator bag goes inside the condensor?

Denso 478-1500. Go to their website and you will see an image of the components in the kit. Easy and self-explanatory on the install. Make sure you have the right oil to lube the o-rings - Pag 40 DEC or, if you want to burn a whole bunch of unneeded $$, buy some Denso 8 from Lexus or Toyota :).