Tire Rim Swap Now Tpms?

Just swapped out a 06 OEM set of tires and rims for an 07 OEM set .

I am now getting the tire pressure idiot light so i checked tire pressue on all 5 but the light is still on.

Tried resetting as per manual but no success. Pointers anyone?

Should i have kept the sensors from the old rims?

Are you using a new set of TPMS or the old ones?

Do see a red triangle with exclamation mark on the dash?

If so, you need to take the car to the dealer and have them program the new TPMS set to be recognized. I hope you kept the ID codes!

Are you using a new set of TPMS or the old ones?

Do see a red triangle with exclamation mark on the dash?

If so, you need to take the car to the dealer and have them program the new TPMS set to be recognized. I hope you kept the ID codes!

Yes have both lights going. Was hoping in 20 miles it would reset but nada.

Man I feel so stupid. :angry: I was unaware that the TPMS was actually inside the rim before I sold them.

Where would I get the code off the old rims. Are they marked on the rim somewhere?

the codes are on the sensors themselves...if you didn't note the codes prior to mounting the tires, you will have to take the sensors out (requiring the tires being unmounted) to get that info. i just had my 2nd set of sensors programmed the other day.

the codes are on the sensors themselves...if you didn't note the codes prior to mounting the tires, you will have to take the sensors out (requiring the tires being unmounted) to get that info. i just had my 2nd set of sensors programmed the other day.

Ok thanks for the replies.

I just did a swap like for like but of course the sensors on the car now are not the original.

So as i understand it i now need to take my car into the dealer have them remove the rims then remove the tires from the rims so that they can get the code # of the sensors . Then have them charge me to reprogram. Holy crap what was i thinking :rolleyes:

Maybe check with previous owner of the rims to see if the dealership would have the sensor codes on file......... or would that be a waste of time?