Cv Boot Availability

Can anyone advise where I can purchase a split outer boot for 96 ES300? I really don't want to pull axle and have used split boots on K. Ghias in the past. Struck out at Auto Zone and Advanced Auto.

Thanks

Can anyone advise where I can purchase a split outer boot for 96 ES300? I really don't want to pull axle and have used split boots on K. Ghias in the past. Struck out at Auto Zone and Advanced Auto.

Thanks

from what i undersdand you can no longer get split boots. the ones that you glue would fail becuase people would get glue in the joint and then it would not seal.

the ones that came with hardware would fail becuase people would over tighten them and the boot would split.

Thanks

from what i undersdand you can no longer get split boots. the ones that you glue would fail becuase people would get glue in the joint and then it would not seal.

the ones that came with hardware would fail becuase people would over tighten them and the boot would split.

Thanks. I guess you are right since I found zero with lots of web searching. I'm off to buy "real" boots and learn how to change!

Thanks

Thanks. I guess you are right since I found zero with lots of web searching. I'm off to buy "real" boots and learn how to change!

I am in the same boat right now. from what i have found 2 boots cost you 50 bucks and a new half shaft is only 75.

so i might be worth it to just get the half shaft and save your self the time of cleaning out the cv joint and putting a new boot on.

also do you know how to get the axel out? have been reading up on it and it looks like there is a clip but not sure where and how to remove it

Thanks

I am in the same boat right now. from what i have found 2 boots cost you 50 bucks and a new half shaft is only 75.

so i might be worth it to just get the half shaft and save your self the time of cleaning out the cv joint and putting a new boot on.

also do you know how to get the axel out? have been reading up on it and it looks like there is a clip but not sure where and how to remove it

Afraid I am not much help yet. Intend to take it apart later this week and if I learn anything, I'll advise. From what you have said, I assume the "half shaft" comes with CV joint & boot already mounted? Any place good to but half shaft if I choose that route?

Since I have done a lot of VW work over the years, I looked at JC Whitney just for interest. Don't know if they are any good, but they have the boot for $9.99. ??