Antenna Noise

amayes

I have a 90 Lexus LS400 and my antenna makes a lot of noise whenever I remove the key from the ignition. Also, the antenna doesn't retracting anymore. It stays fully extended. The radio and CD player work just fine. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Try spraying silicone spray on the antenna while forcing it downward -- that sometimes worked for me when I had a 90 LS. There are threads somewhere on this forum on repairing antennas. I remember people buying replacement antenna assemblies on ebay.

Try spraying silicone spray on the antenna while forcing it downward -- that sometimes worked for me when I had a 90 LS. There are threads somewhere on this forum on repairing antennas. I remember people buying replacement antenna assemblies on ebay.

thanks for the info. I can certainly try the silicone spray. Can you direct me to the thread for repairing antennas for a 90 lexus ls400. it's rather cumbersome looking through the maze of information here on this forum.

I tried the silicone spray. It cleans off a lot of the gunk but the antenna still won't retract. I can hear the motor making noise like it's trying to make it retract but it seems to be stuck. Any other suggestions?

www.lexls.com look at the tutorials

I tried the silicone spray. It cleans off a lot of the gunk but the antenna still won't retract. I can hear the motor making noise like it's trying to make it retract but it seems to be stuck. Any other suggestions?

The lexls.com tutorial should be all you need. Give the radio button sequence a try first. You may be able to remove the mast without having to remove the whole assembly.

In the for what it's worth category, here is another thread showing how to remove the mast:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4209