Has Anyone Washed Ther Gs400 Engine?

About every 3 months I wash my engine compartment with 'Orange TKO.' You can find it with Google. The dealer used to be in Napa, CA, but moved to Florida. It is an organic orange liquid that comes from distilled orange peels. It will safely clean just about anything.

My procedure for cleaning the engine compartment is as follows:

1) Do it on a warm/hot day.

2) Face the engine towards the sun as it will move across the sky that day.

3) Open the hood.

4) Pour full-strength Orange TKO into a spritzer bottle. I use one that can handle industrial chemicals obtainable from a janitorial supply house.

5) Spray the full-strength Orange TKO everywhere you want. I avoid the alternator. You can place tin foil over it for safety.

6) I do spray it sideways on electrical connectors, BUT not directly down into the connector from the direction of the wire.

7) Use a brush if needed. I made a very useful brush for cleaning my rims with a coffee urn U-brush I straightened. This works great on the engine.

8) Let it set for a minute or two. It will cut grease.

9) Use a gentle spray from a garden hose to rinse off the engine compartment. The liquid will become milky white.

10) Repeat steps 5) through 9) on extra greasy areas if need be.

11) Keep the hood open and let the sun dry it for a few hours or use a terrycloth towel to dry everywhere you can reach.

12) Do NOT start the car until most everywhere seems dry.

Happy motoring as you enjoy the orange aroma!

I recently had a p/s pump leak which caused p/s fluid to drip everywhere. I got Gunk engine cleaner but I'm nevouse to clean the engine because of all the sensors...ect Any help?

I've used simple green: I put a plastic grocery bag over the alt. spray simple green all over the place, wait 5 min. then rinse. I usually let it dry over night before I drive it again with the hood up. Hope that helps. Cleans really nice!

• 2 months later...
I don't think its good to wash the engine, might mess up some kind of hardness. i've seen it happen to other cars, but idk. that's just my opinion.

just make sure its cool and there are no problems washing the engine