Wheel Finish Pealing

The finish on my wheels (which appears to be paint) is peeling. Does anyone know if this is covered under the 50K warranty>

Thanks!

if it is peeling on its own, then it should be covered. Everything is covered except wear items.

However, don't be surprised if the dealership tries to back out and deny the warranty claiming it is because you scraped a curb or something.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
if it is peeling on its own, then it should be covered. Everything is covered except wear items.

However, don't be surprised if the dealership tries to back out and deny the warranty claiming it is because you scraped a curb or something.

Steve

Well the dealer said they would take care of it... one time ONLY! This is the same response I got for my 04 GX with the same problem. Guess what? the GX is peeling again. Seems to me this is a problem that should be addressed, not really a wear thing. Does any else share this peeling on steel wheels?

Steve

Well the dealer said they would take care of it... one time ONLY! This is the same response I got for my 04 GX with the same problem. Guess what? the GX is peeling again. Seems to me this is a problem that should be addressed, not really a wear thing. Does any else share this peeling on steel wheels?

Same on my '06 GS300. I just bought it used with 65K miles but it's CLEARLY not a scraped wheel issue. It's on all 4 wheels and on the inside of the rims - not just the edges. Very disappointing, but I'll hope they take care of it.

• 2 months later...

Just took my '06 GS 300 in --- all four wheels were 'bubbling' under the e-coat. They replaced all four without an argument. Service guy told me that when it happens, it always happens to all 4 wheels since they came out of the same bad lot.

This is why I bought a Lexus. If this had been a GM car I would be in court fighting for new wheels...