Greddy Strut Tower Bar Wont Fit

cali-love06

I recently purchased a Greddy strut tower bar for my IS and when i put it on the bar was actually contacting the intake manifold. I tried just loosening the nuts on the strut bolts but any more and they will just come off. I even bought some rubber spacers to see if i could create a little room and it helped a little but when going over bumps it happens again.

If i leave it in contact i get a horrible vibration noise, and feeling in the peddles and steering wheel. The part is made for the car, i didnt get the wrong one so i am totally confused as to what i need to do. Has anyone put one of these on and if so give me some pointers on how to fix this? Thanks

post-63442-1247609012_thumb.jpg

Yup. They don't fit. I've seen alot of this. The only real answer I've found are to use upper strut mount reinforcement rings. I put them on like washers to raise the towers for clearance.

Where can i pick up some "upper strutmount reinforcement rings"? My bar didnt come with any so i am a little lost...

Just search around, you'll find them. They sell them seperately as a part unto itself. Basically it's 2 metal rings with 3 holes drilled in em to match the mounting fitment. They are designed to reinforce the contact point of the strut and the frame of the car.

Several of the strut bars don't work well on IS300's. If they are tall enough to clear the engine covers, they rub on the hood. If they don't rub on the hood, they usually won't clear the engine cover. I hadn't heard of any that didn't clear the throttle body. Sounds like yours might fit if you do what Smooth suggested.