Antifreeze Traps?

philly777

Hello,

Please advise what can be done?

My radiator coolant reservoir is almost empty at the end of the day. The engine temperature is normal as is used to be never goes high, Radiator itself is always full. I just have to fill out radiator reservoir everyday.

I've checked the pressure test at the Firestone for the possible radiator leaks and it's ok.

Please advise. Don't want to go to the dealer since the will charge a lot for nothing just to open and check everything....

Thank you!!!

Maybe you could do a check from underneath the car. Do a start, and go towards the lower end of the radiator, and check out the water pump area if there are any leaks. The Water pump is very close to the idler pulley. Normally to know if this gone, you would hear a noise like bearing grinding, that means this is fried. If the Lexus water pump can't turn freely, or it begins to leak coolant. That's a sign you need to replace your Lexus water pump. The water pump i dont know, if somebody has replaced, maybe some members could let you know the cost, should be around 100-150/-$. check out the attachments.

post-21708-1247725045_thumb.jpg

post-21708-1247725426_thumb.jpg

Maybe you could do a check from underneath the car. Do a start, and go towards the lower end of the radiator, and check out the water pump area if there are any leaks. The Water pump is very close to the idler pulley. Normally to know if this gone, you would hear a noise like bearing grinding, that means this is fried. If the Lexus water pump can't turn freely, or it begins to leak coolant. That's a sign you need to replace your Lexus water pump. The water pump i dont know, if somebody has replaced, maybe some members could let you know the cost, should be around 100-150/-$. check out the attachments.

Thank you very much. I'll check.