99 Ls400 Low Side Port Ac Freon Refill

Georgets

Thanks Blake918!! That's the port I thought! But I don't have the cap on it so I wasn't sure.

Any idea what the pressure suppose to be? I'm trying to use Interdynamics refill kit like the attached picture shows. The pressure was over 100psi into the red. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't have the bottle connected to the gauge. Maybe that cause the pressure to increase?? I'll try it tonight with the bottle and see.

I appreciate the help!!

post-24916-1247589931_thumb.jpg

OK, the port works. Once the AC runs for a bit the pressure drops. Added the Freon and almost all is well. The only problem is the pressure is a little high. It's around 40+psi on the gauge. Would I be able to press on the pin and release some pressure? Would that be the proper way to lower the pressure? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

OK, the port works. Once the AC runs for a bit the pressure drops. Added the Freon and almost all is well. The only problem is the pressure is a little high. It's around 40+psi on the gauge. Would I be able to press on the pin and release some pressure? Would that be the proper way to lower the pressure? Thanks.

I have 1990 LS400. I need to refill freon. Can someone tell me where the low pressure port is on this darn thing? The A/C is blowing hot air and I want to start first by refilling freon. Pls. help it is 97 degress in Arizona!!!

This should be it near the firewall....

I have 1990 LS400. I need to refill freon. Can someone tell me where the low pressure port is on this darn thing? The A/C is blowing hot air and I want to start first by refilling freon. Pls. help it is 97 degress in Arizona!!!