2006 Rx400h Tsbs

So you can educate your dealership when they tell you they can't duplicate your problem.

I'm slowly downloading more of these as I get them, so keep checking back.

1. Air conditioning poor peformance - AC002_05.pdf

2. Air conditioning sensors inspection - AC005_04.pdf

3. Headlamp condensation - BO003_07.pdf

4. Front brake squeal - BR001_05.pdf

5. Brake acutator abnormal noise - BR003_07.pdf

6. Malfunction indicator lights after brake pad change - BR006_06.pdf

7. Retrieving diagnostic codes (unfortunately this is with the Lexus diagnostic equipment) - EG009_05.pdf

8. ISC learning procedure (this is a good one to be used after drained or disconnected battery) - EG010_05.pdf

-this TSB mentions using the Lexus diagnostic equipment but look for my other post for directions for the ordinary mortal who doesn't have the Lexus scanner

9. Rocking feeling at 70mph - EG013_07.pdf

10. Power back door noise - EL013_07.pdf

11. Zero point calibration after wheel alignment - L_SB_0015_08.pdf

12. Tonneau cover latch rattle - NV001_07.pdf

13. Vehicle pull/drift to right improvement - ST003_05.pdf

14. Cylinder head cover oil baffle caution - L_SB_0021_08.pdf

15. Upper/Lower windshield tick noise - NV005_06.pdf

16. Instrument panel rattle - NV002_06.pdf

17. 5W20 oil recommendation - EG006_06.pdf

18. Front seat squeak noise - NV001_06.pdf

19. TPMS diagnostics etc. - PG001_07.pdf

The following are not TSBs, but good information to have.

FRONT AND REAR BRAKE EXPLODED VIEW (from and RX330, but I believe RX400 is the same)

front_brake_component.pdf

rear_brake_component.pdf

STEREO REMOVAL

rx_stero_remove.pdf

DEALER SELECTABLE OPTIONS (wish I knew why Lexus made it so only the dealer can adjust these)

rx400h_customized_settings.pdf

VOICE TEL and NAV COMMANDS (if you can get the stupid system to understand you)

2007_RX400h_Voice_Commands.pdf

LexusVoiceNavwTel.pdf

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

This is so helpful. thanks for posting it. Now the service advisor in Lexus will know what I'm talking about if there an issue

Yes ... THIS is helpfull ... Lexus shop is NOT helpfull. We're ready for our THIRD ... count 'em ... THIRD set of tires, in only 42,000 miles. (TSB relating to alignment pulls to right) No problem? TSB applies if you're under 50,000 miles. Yet according to Lexus our 400h has over 48 months FRIOM IN-SERVICE date. Lexus says that means once it was manufactured ... even if it wasn't bought/driven/registered for THREE months prior! I'm thinking, "eh! no big deal ... 6 months ago, we paid $2,000 for Lexus' extended bumper to bumper warranty (just in case these people tried to wiggle out of stuff like this). I wouldn't think we'd have to pull the extended warranty card. After all, we've been having to get it aligned & aligned & aligned again & again to no avail. WHY didn't these people run a TSB check?!? Why is it that the customer has to WAVE the TSB in their face?!? WHY won't they simply CHANGE OUT the G.D. part?!? (taking a deep breath). OK, so I'm going back down again, today, to see what the next run around will be. (sigh) Maybe I should take it to the Toyota shop in stead. They've always shown more integrity & character regarding repairs than any of our Lexus experiences. I'd certainly prefer to experience customer care, and integrity ... than a waiting room that serves foo-foo coffee. Meah - maybe that's just me.

So you can educate your dealership when they tell you they can't duplicate your problem.

I'm slowly downloading more of these as I get them, so keep checking back.

1. Air conditioning poor peformance - AC002_05.pdf

2. Air conditioning sensors inspection - AC005_04.pdf

3. Headlamp condensation - BO003_07.pdf

4. Front brake squeal - BR001_05.pdf

5. Brake acutator abnormal noise - BR003_07.pdf

6. Malfunction indicator lights after brake pad change - BR006_06.pdf

7. Retrieving diagnostic codes (unfortunately this is with the Lexus diagnostic equipment) - EG009_05.pdf

8. ISC learning procedure (this is a good one to be used after drained or disconnected battery) - EG010_05.pdf

-this TSB mentions using the Lexus diagnostic equipment but look for my other post for directions for the ordinary mortal who doesn't have the Lexus scanner

9. Rocking feeling at 70mph - EG013_07.pdf

10. Power back door noise - EL013_07.pdf

11. Zero point calibration after wheel alignment - L_SB_0015_08.pdf

12. Tonneau cover latch rattle - NV001_07.pdf

13. Vehicle pull/drift to right improvement - ST003_05.pdf

14. Cylinder head cover oil baffle caution - L_SB_0021_08.pdf

15. Upper/Lower windshield tick noise - NV005_06.pdf

16. Instrument panel rattle - NV002_06.pdf

17. 5W20 oil recommendation - EG006_06.pdf

18. Front seat squeak noise - NV001_06.pdf

19. TPMS diagnostics etc. - PG001_07.pdf

The following are not TSBs, but good information to have.

FRONT AND REAR BRAKE EXPLODED VIEW (from and RX330, but I believe RX400 is the same)

front_brake_component.pdf

rear_brake_component.pdf

STEREO REMOVAL

rx_stero_remove.pdf

DEALER SELECTABLE OPTIONS (wish I knew why Lexus made it so only the dealer can adjust these)

rx400h_customized_settings.pdf

VOICE TEL and NAV COMMANDS (if you can get the stupid system to understand you)

2007_RX400h_Voice_Commands.pdf

LexusVoiceNavwTel.pdf

• 3 months later...

This is so helpful. thanks for posting it. Now the service advisor in Lexus will know what I'm talking about if there an issue

Yes ... THIS is helpfull ... Lexus shop is NOT helpfull. We're ready for our THIRD ... count 'em ... THIRD set of tires, in only 42,000 miles. (TSB relating to alignment pulls to right) No problem? TSB applies if you're under 50,000 miles. Yet according to Lexus our 400h has over 48 months FRIOM IN-SERVICE date. Lexus says that means once it was manufactured ... even if it wasn't bought/driven/registered for THREE months prior! I'm thinking, "eh! no big deal ... 6 months ago, we paid $2,000 for Lexus' extended bumper to bumper warranty (just in case these people tried to wiggle out of stuff like this). I wouldn't think we'd have to pull the extended warranty card. After all, we've been having to get it aligned & aligned & aligned again & again to no avail. WHY didn't these people run a TSB check?!? Why is it that the customer has to WAVE the TSB in their face?!? WHY won't they simply CHANGE OUT the G.D. part?!? (taking a deep breath). OK, so I'm going back down again, today, to see what the next run around will be. (sigh) Maybe I should take it to the Toyota shop in stead. They've always shown more integrity & character regarding repairs than any of our Lexus experiences. I'd certainly prefer to experience customer care, and integrity ... than a waiting room that serves foo-foo coffee. Meah - maybe that's just me.

No, it's not just you. Lexus has come a long way in engineering there vehicles, but unfortunately they are far off when it comes to training there grease monkeys. .

I am sorry about the derogatory remark to all those mechanics who perform there work with pride and love, but the sad fact of the matter is that most of the grease monkeys, to them, it's just a job. And if Lexus wants to truely pursue perfection, they need a major in house cleanup and either fire or retrain Lexus dealers who cannot perform a repair or maintenance the first time round. Yes, mistakes and over sites occur, but EVERYTIME I am taking my vehicle in for something as simple as an oil change, the dealer always finds something to repair or replace (be it in or out of warranty) and fubar's it up. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo frustrating having to be the one (the owner) responsible for the dealers mistakes.

Cheers,

MadloR

P.S. you'll remember my post about how the dealer fubared me with the windshield etc...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.... I tried to search for this other post with no luck. Can someone by chance point it out?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As of 02-2011, are there any recently released TSB's for the 2006 RX400h?

For instance, what do I do now that the very poorly made master key fell apart above a toilet & is now gone forever.

Vehicle is locked in a carport.

How do I go about getting into the locked car to retrieve the coded key in the instruction manual?

Are there any key replacement services for a Lexus RX400h on-line, whose replacements will actually allow me to drive the car to the dealership?

Or, how do I get in the car without setting off the alarm? The local locksmith is too scared to do it :|

As of 02-2011, are there any recently released TSB's for the 2006 RX400h?

For instance, what do I do now that the very poorly made master key fell apart above a toilet & is now gone forever.

Vehicle is locked in a carport.

How do I go about getting into the locked car to retrieve the coded key in the instruction manual?

Are there any key replacement services for a Lexus RX400h on-line, whose replacements will actually allow me to drive the car to the dealership?

Or, how do I get in the car without setting off the alarm? The local locksmith is too scared to do it :|

• 8 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/19/2024 at 12:10 AM, care_mentor_288 said:

Does anyone have any information on the front dashboard crumbling? I heard it was being replaced in the past.

That has expired and the only way to replace it now is purchase a new one honestly is not a hard job just takes a lot patience i replaced mine and several others