Question About Stock Alarm

magat1

does anybody know on the 92 SC 400 stock alarm if the alarm is suppose to flash the parking lights? I can never tell if the door is locked or unlocked!! If not, is there a mod to add it without getting another alarm?

In 1995 the SC factory alarm started with the beep thing to give an audible indication of activation. 1992 to 1994 has no indication other than the faint sound of the doors locking. If your LED still works, you could always just take a peep through the window to verify it is activated. Or pull up on the door handle real quick. That is what I used to do with the 93. As far as getting the park lights to blink with oem alarm system; I'm sure it is possible. But I have no idea how to do it. Well, I have some idea, but I wouldn't feel comfortable trying it. You would need a relay and some sort of timer and wiring skills.

you would need a one relay hooked up to the parking light switch comming off the steering column

then it would be activated off the small alarm chirp siren if you have one

if there is no siren on that model

then it would be easiest to use an arm only chirp

hooking up the realy instead to one of the factory arm outputs with a momentary relay instead of a solid power relay

using the power door locks in lock mode to activate it

AWJ and sk,

My '95 SC chirps (lock/unlock) but the parking lights don't flash. Is this a feature that can be turned on/off or do I need to hook up a relay as you describe above to make the lights flash?

:)

P.S. For anyone hooking up a relay, make sure you use a diode to isolate the circuits that you're tapping into. Unpredictable things can happen if you don't!!

Unpredictable things happen when start wiring things too. I usually let someone else do that stuff unless it is simple connections. Running new circuits eh. The SC oem alarm thing never does flash the light unless you get creative. I guess that would work. Go for it.

In 1995 the SC factory alarm started with the beep thing to give an audible indication of activation.  1992 to 1994 has no indication other than the faint sound of the doors locking.  If your LED still works, you could always just take a peep through the window to verify it is activated.  Or pull up on the door handle real quick.  That is what I used to do with the 93.  As far as getting the park lights to blink with oem alarm system; I'm sure it is possible.  But I have no idea how to do it.  Well, I have some idea, but I wouldn't feel comfortable trying it.  You would need a relay and some sort of timer and wiring skills.

my 94 sc400's alarm beeps and the doors lock back up. the beeping is real loud, oh yeah and yes the headlights go on and off.