Rattling Issue With The Es350, Video Attached!

saabkyle04

Please follow this link to the video I am talking about, it shows a loud persisting rattle in the back of my 2007 ES350.

I have taken it to the dealer numerous times, they said it had been fixed, and it never truly has been for some reason

I have insulated every piece of metal I could get to without taking out the package tray (which I think is where the source is.

This rattles constantly driving, so if the radio is off, you have to listen to this NAGGING RATTLE lol :wacko:

I think I will have to take this video and show them, because frankly I don't think they can either hear it, they don't know what I'm talking about or what not. I actually took a video to show a dash rattle and that was fixed completely.

has ANYONE heard anything like this, does anyone have any idea what it could be? the sunshade works fine, I just cannot understand this and it's bothered me for over a year now.

Oh and one more thing, I really notice it more on highways and long stretches of road, versus short distance city driving, if that helps at all!

Thanks so much everyone, I really hope I can get this resolved, I really wish I could listen to quiet in my car, for the money this car costs, this needs to be fixed and shouldn't be in there in the first place!

Your fellow LOC member,

saabkyle04

Wow...thats awful!

Have you taken all the spare tire paraphenalia out of the trunk and drove it to see if that helps? It definately sounds metallic.

I'm thinking the subwoofer in the package shelf, or maybe the rear sunshade...

Wow...thats awful!

Have you taken all the spare tire paraphenalia out of the trunk and drove it to see if that helps? It definately sounds metallic.

I'm thinking the subwoofer in the package shelf, or maybe the rear sunshade...

Yeah the dealer actually went through that and I originally thought it was the sunshade. I took out the backseat myself and saw they did put foam tape on wires and what not, but I stuffed cloth in every metal piece I could find and there's still a rattle. I've been searching TSIB's for the ES and saw that there is one out for this particular rattling noise. it has to do with the tire pressure monitoring system relay or something in the back of the headliner. I thought this made sense and didn't even think it could be this and doubt the dealer knew, but I'm going to show them the video and tell them what I found out so maybe this time they can go to the source!!

Please follow this link to the video I am talking about, it shows a loud persisting rattle in the back of my 2007 ES350.

It sounds tinny and like two things are very close together. If you have the regular stereo, there is only a center mounted subwoofer in the package tray, the Levinson adds two small speakers on either side - either way not much chance they are making the sound. I wonder if the closing bars on the rear trunk lid are clanging. Could have been bent if you jammed something in the trunk like golf clubs.

you can take the back seat out by pulling up on the front of the lower cushion, remove the bottom seat, then take the visible lower bolts off, lift up and remove the seat back. Takes only a few minutes but you need to get to the bottom of that noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I took it to the dealer yesterday to check it out and they fixed it the same day. Turns out it was the heat shield on the exhaust banging on one of the bars behind the bumper haha go figure :lol: But it's all fixed not and the car is quiet, I'm so happy for that haha. I thought it was the tire pressure monitoring system TSIB but it wasn't, just the heat shield. I also got them to check out my front brakes for the TSIB on the rear brake squeal while backing up in reverse. mine had it bad haha. they gave me new calipers and pads B) so I'm pretty happy with that, hopefully it's all good but I'm sure it is. All in all it was a very successful trip!

Thanks to everyone for replying!

~Kyle