04 Struts

My 98 has 130,000, took it to the dealer they check them and said they were good still with all the bad roads in Puerto Rico so yours should be brand new for the higher better quality roads of most of the US. Check the inner ourter tie rods those tend to go earlier, and the lower ball joint of the passerger side.

CCF

hello, should struts be replaced after 50-60000 miles or when the ride gets bad? my 04 es has 62000 miles, still rides good, steers good, etc. great car.

thanks.

tim

I just replaced my rear struts the other day and holy crap was it time. 120K miles, 97 ES300. I had a suspension shop quote me a few months ago $1600! to replace shocks, struts, sway bars, etc. They also measured how bad each strut was and it basically cost me 200 bucks for them to say "Yep, they're blown."

Bought the rears online for about 60 bucks a piece and replaced in a few hours. COMPLETELY worth it; rides like a brand new car. Soon I'll probably replace the fronts as well (why not if so cheap to DIY). Also, the tops of the strut mounts are right there, so no need to rip any seats out.