Bird S**t! Help

I have a problem probably common with owning a car specially a black one, when i got the car the owner liver in like a neighbor hood mid to high class that had no trees and always had parking in front of his house or garage,now me on the other hand i live in a more crowded area with alot of trees around and i cant do anything about it because my garage is my landlords and he has two cars in there. ive had the car since dec 08 and now my hood, roof, and trunk have all these spots that wont go away with a good hand car wash. at first i didnt know having this be my first car that little thing falling from the trees and *BLEEP* left on your car for a day leaves permanent marks and spots.

MAIN REASON FOR THIS POST! I SEE ALL THESE NEWER CARS AND FEEL THAT I COULD HAVE WAITED A LITTLE LONGER AND GOT SOMETHING MORE NEWER LOOKING AND I SOMETIMES FEEL UNHAPPY WITH MY CAR CUZ OF "BIRD SH**T!!!!!" :angry: . Can anyone suggest what to do to make me feel good about owning this car once again ? like not an expensive paint job thats quality like any companies ? thnx if you reply ill really appreciate it.

I have a problem probably common with owning a car specially a black one, when i got the car the owner liver in like a neighbor hood mid to high class that had no trees and always had parking in front of his house or garage,now me on the other hand i live in a more crowded area with alot of trees around and i cant do anything about it because my garage is my landlords and he has two cars in there. ive had the car since dec 08 and now my hood, roof, and trunk have all these spots that wont go away with a good hand car wash. at first i didnt know having this be my first car that little thing falling from the trees and *BLEEP* left on your car for a day leaves permanent marks and spots.

MAIN REASON FOR THIS POST! I SEE ALL THESE NEWER CARS AND FEEL THAT I COULD HAVE WAITED A LITTLE LONGER AND GOT SOMETHING MORE NEWER LOOKING AND I SOMETIMES FEEL UNHAPPY WITH MY CAR CUZ OF "BIRD SHIIT!!!!!" :angry: . Can anyone suggest what to do to make me feel good about owning this car once again ? like not an expensive paint job thats quality like any companies ? thnx if you reply ill really appreciate it.

Have you had it professionally detailed? Maybe a good buffing and waxing? Might restore the look of the car. This should help to remove the spots and easier to keep clean. From then just keep it clean and maybe invest in a car cover... :unsure:

Good Luck.

I have a black IS350. I highly reccomend Denase Acrylic glaze and paint sealant. Wash your car with Dawn dish detergent. Then clay the car. Then find a good polish and using a buffer, polsih the car, then put the acrylic glaze on, and then use the paint sealant over that. After you get all that done, (Plan to spend the enitre day on this), you can layer the acrylic glaze and sealant for long term protection. This is pretty much exactly what I do for my car and it looks great, no swirl marks, and no etching. Looks brand new, in fact, it looks better than new. It seriously looks wet just sitting there. I learned all this from a few people here on the LOC in the car detailing forum. It really is amazing how a few steps can dramatically alter the outcome.

yes i have got a professional detail not to long ago like the first week of MAY and the dude tried hard going over and over on the spots and he said that the shiit ate threw the paint and from then there has just been more ... here a little pic of my roof mind you that i only had the one big one when i got it detailed. sorry about the quality ( iphone) right after a hand car wash.

post-86121-1247179544_thumb.jpg

yes i have got a professional detail not to long ago like the first week of MAY and the dude tried hard going over and over on the spots and he said that the shiit ate threw the paint and from then there has just been more ... here a little pic of my roof mind you that i only had the one big one when i got it detailed. sorry about the quality ( iphone) right after a hand car wash.

Not sure from the pic but has it ate in to the paint? Maybe SW will chime in and give you some tips but if it has went in the paint not to much you can do. Like smooth said the clay bar is a great idea and the use a sealant. The only other idea would be a chainsaw! :) take down those trees j/k.

I was always told NEVER to wash my car / boat / ect. w. dish detergent as suggested above.

Am I simply misinformed or is it harmful?

Do many of you use dish soap over a car wash liquid?

Regards.

You weren't misinformed as much as not completely informed. Dish detergent such as dawn removes wax and paint sealants. So if you just finished waxing your car, and a week later you wash it with dish detergent, then you just removed all the work you put on it last week. But if your intentions are to remove wax build up and get back to the paint so you can remove all the pollutants, trapped dirt, and acid rain, then it's actually a useful way to do it.

I don't see any harm in that. But remember then, you only have one coat of wax that will probably only last a couple of weeks at best. You would be better served to clay the car, then wash it with dish soap, then put on a coat of wax. It would last alot longer. I'm not a pro detailer though. If you are serious and want to learn how to protect your paint and make the car look awsome, then I suggest you ask some of our resident pro detailers. You would be surprised at what a difference it can make.

I don't see any harm in that. But remember then, you only have one coat of wax that will probably only last a couple of weeks at best. You would be better served to clay the car, then wash it with dish soap, then put on a coat of wax. It would last alot longer. I'm not a pro detailer though. If you are serious and want to learn how to protect your paint and make the car look awsome, then I suggest you ask some of our resident pro detailers. You would be surprised at what a difference it can make.

Sweet.

Thanks My man.

In my opinion though, if you don't claybar the car as well, then you're not going to get the biggest benefit from the job. Claybaring a car is THE key component to restoring a paint job, if you ask me. Just washing it with dish soap will still leave contaminants in the paint, of which you're just going to wax over.

It sure wouldn't hurt! But if you're going to do the hood and roof, just do the entire car.

Take a look at what a black lexus can look like after a claybar job and some wax...my old 95' LS with 120k miles on it...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=27799