Cd Player

gbay

We have a newly aquired 2005 GX. My son creates CD's on the internet. The CD's work fine except in the GX.

Any suggestions as to how he can create CD's that will operate in GX.

Thanks in Advance

We have a newly aquired 2005 GX. My son creates CD's on the internet. The CD's work fine except in the GX.

Any suggestions as to how he can create CD's that will operate in GX.

Thanks in Advance

I think it could be the "type" of CD he burns. Check his settings and make sure it's set to the mode (I forget what the name of it is) where it will burn the CD in a way that will play in ANY cd player.

Exactly dens has mentioned already, you could also do these checks...Ensure you burn music on CD-R not RW and burn speed not more than 4 x 600 writing speed and Ensure to have open session and not multisession. Do not use Nero, they are crappy, For Free software the best would be www.burrrn.net. They are just too good. And try sourcing CDs which are coloured than the plain mirror look one. Why I say is there is a lot of difference is they have Different reflectivity, the sound amplication reproduced as good as the original ones.

i don't believe the OE changer will play an MP3 or other format, so you have to make sure you are burning in "real time" as the CD changer will not read a compression format.... (MP3, AAC, WMA, etc, etc)