How To Replace Rear Shocks?

STALIN

Surprising easy to replace rear shocks in first Gen, not sure about '95. For first Gen no need to remove shafts as indicated in repair manual. A little time consuming around the rear deck and getting to the nuts on the shock mount. The golden piece of advice in removing the shock is to twist 90 degrees and it will literally fall out. If you are expending a lot of effort in getting them out, you are doing it wrong. Release top nuts, bottom bolt, drop a little, twist, and then remove. There should be lots of DIY in the archives.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

• 9 months later...

I'm stuck. I removed old struts, and have the new struts in place but now I can't get the lower bolt into the mount. Is there any trick to this? How do you get the alignment correct between the top 3 bolts and the bottom bolt? I think I'm in a little bit of a bind and nothing will budge.

• 5 months later...

I'm new to the forum. First post. I'm doing the Strutmaster conversion from air. I have a 92 LS400. The old shocks came out easy. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting the new shocks in the car. I know I'm missing something. I see the reference to the DIY archives in this thread. How do I find the DIY archives?

Thanks,

Bob