Rx400h: Neat Little "tricks" You May Want To Know About

I'm still frustrated with the fact the the navigation goes off when you're moving. It's amazing that you can program a tom-tom when you're driving but can't the Lexus navigational system. I'm toying with buying the module to defeat it. Anybody have experience with it, good or bad?? Thanks!!

I know, it may be too late for, but have a look at this vid - maybe it will help you to defeat this navigation system's behavior:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still frustrated with the fact the the navigation goes off when you're moving. It's amazing that you can program a tom-tom when you're driving but can't the Lexus navigational system. I'm toying with buying the module to defeat it. Anybody have experience with it, good or bad?? Thanks!!

I know, it may be too late for, but have a look at this vid - maybe it will help you to defeat this navigation system's behavior:

I guess this doesnt work for all the nav system??

• 1 year later...

I don't see the solution to this topic of yours "Adjusting the air conditioner circulation to “inside air” or ‘outside air”.

Can you send it to me??

THANKS in advance!!!

You just hit the button in the illustration.

• 1 year later...

I believe we need more info, When you say stalled what exactly happened. With that kind of mileage and the normal reliability of these batteries I don't get it.Batteries are:

$5938

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen people complaining about the navigation system not being accessable while driving. I also had this problem, but since updating to the latest Nav DVD it is possible to add destination etc. while driving. Finally!

I have the european DVD (E17), not sure if this is true for other regions.

• 2 months later...

Hi every one.

NAV MAPS BLANK

My name is SAL and I am a new 2006 Lexus RX400h owner.

I just purchased a used Rx400h. Since the head lamp was going off after 20 seconds, the dealer replaced

the xenon bulb for $100.00 with no charge for labor. After the 2nd day. the car did not start. I put in a new

12V battery from Costco for $70.00.

All this time the NAV was working fine. After the bulb was replaced, I lost the NAV. The dealer claims that

the battery was never disconnected. The NAV still has a 2004 MAPS.

When I push MAPS, Menu... the screen is blank. The display button shows SCREEN OFF all the time.

ENERGY display and CONSUPTION are about the only things that works. The music CD on the dash board works fine. But therear DVD has power but does not show picture when the DVD is put inside.

The NAV DVD has been ejected and put back a few times but still MAPS do not work.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks SAL

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Thanks for your time, this is a great post, I found it looking for new steering wheel for mine, it's old I know but just got it, and seems like previous owner visible worn out the leather and buttons in the steering wheel,  you start the post talking about you changed the steering wheel,  was that difficult? I have also been trying to find maybe a video but no luck on my end neither for new steering wheel or the process to exchange it. Thanks again.

Francisco 

• 3 months later...

I changed the battery in my 2007 RX 400H and some of the system reset and I was able to reset the door locks. My outside temperature display did not return back on and in looking in the manual did not provide anything on how to get that to come back on. I know the sensor is under the front bumper but I don't think it's a sensor issue. Does anyone know how to get the temperature to re-display on the dash?  TIA 

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you pressed the DISPLAY button on the steering wheel to cycle through the display options?

• 1 month later...

Hello. I need help. We have a lexus R400 h and the easy access seat when exiting is not working anymore after the battery was replaced. any tricks on how to make it work again.

it is a 2008 and there is no option on the monitor on convenience choices.