How To Reset Maintenance Msg!

set the odometer mode to regular (total miles), not odometer A or B.

have your ignition switch in the all OFF. (turn off the car completely).

press and hold the odometer miles reset button AND (with your foot off the brake), press the ignition switch ONCE while still holding the miles reset button.

after 20-30 seconds, you should see the message saying your oil mileage has been reset.

good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
set the odometer mode to regular (total miles), not odometer A or B.

have your ignition switch in the all OFF. (turn off the car completely).

press and hold the odometer miles reset button AND (with your foot off the brake), press the ignition switch ONCE while still holding the miles reset button.

after 20-30 seconds, you should see the message saying your oil mileage has been reset.

good luck.

What about the tin foil hat?

:)

• 1 month later...

I actually have read everything in the owners manual and the warranty manual and I still can't find the information. I have tried the suggestion here, but with no success. The dealership says it's to complicated and that I will have to bring the car in for them to do the task. I guess they think I won't ever bring the car back if I know how to reset my maintenance reminder. Does anyone have anymore suggestions or a reference page etc. thanks,

I actually have read everything in the owners manual and the warranty manual and I still can't find the information. I have tried the suggestion here, but with no success. The dealership says it's to complicated and that I will have to bring the car in for them to do the task. I guess they think I won't ever bring the car back if I know how to reset my maintenance reminder. Does anyone have anymore suggestions or a reference page etc. thanks,

funny, page 87 of my manual. written out plain as day.

have you tried the search function? I just searched on "maintenance reset" and got 10 pages of threads.

If your car uses a key to start:

1. With your car OFF, place your key in the ignition and turn to "On". Do not start the car.

2. Find the odometer button and press until it reads the total odometer setting, (not the Trip A or Trip B setting).

3. Turn the key to OFF.

4. Place your finger back on the odometer button, press and hold. At the same time, turn the key back to "On".

5. Hold the odometer button in until the MAINT REQD light goes out...should take about 8-10 seconds.

If your car has a push button start mechanism.

1. DON'T step on the brake.

2. Make sure you odometer is displaying total miles (not trip A or B ).

3. Press and hold the reset button.

4. Simultaneously press the engine start key two times (DO NOT have your foot on the brake as you do not want to start the car). You will see the words Oil Maint. Reset.

5. Keep you finger on the reset button until these words go away.

6. Then take your finger off the button and press the engine start button one more time to put the ignition in the off position.

With either method, when done start the car like you normally would to see if you reset was successful.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

Worked well for me; however, I now have other issues. It appears that my personel settings are now all gone. No temp readings, windows don't work, etc... Some how I reset everything and now I have NO personel settings.