Rear Right Side Window Trim?

pbc

The right side rear trim (outlining the "triangular" window) just behind my right rear door came off when driving on the highway today. Looks like the little plastic connections broke off.

Is there a used parts place online that I can buy this?

It's for a 2004 RX330.

Cheers,

Steve

The right side rear trim (outlining the "triangular" window) just behind my right rear door came off when driving on the highway today. Looks like the little plastic connections broke off.

Is there a used parts place online that I can buy this?

It's for a 2004 RX330.

Cheers,

Steve

Bump ...

Funny, I tried the dealer. They said they don't sell the plastic molding, I'd have to purchase the entire window and molding as a package for the quarter panel.

$200, plus installation. I just laughed as they told me. Not their fault obviously! Unreal though. Guess I'll try some double sided 3M exterior tape and glue!! $15.

Funny, I tried the dealer. They said they don't sell the plastic molding, I'd have to purchase the entire window and molding as a package for the quarter panel.

$200, plus installation. I just laughed as they told me. Not their fault obviously! Unreal though. Guess I'll try some double sided 3M exterior tape and glue!! $15.

My wife's 04 RX330 passenger side rear quarter panel window molding also GONE last week, at 1st I thought someone jacked it but later found out it is probably flew away while driving; what a defect from Lexus.

Called couple of junk yard places and checked ebay with absoluetely no luck, finally called total of 3 Lexus dealerships in Southern California and purchased a complete set with no choice; because it only sold as a complete assembly set; what a rip off.

For those who interested in replacing it anyway, the part no. is 62710-48170 ranging from $150-185 depending on which dealership you are calling; surprisingly they all have this part in stock, must be a highly demand popular item.

Installation is about $50 outside the dealership, ***highly recommended***. I was trying to do-it-myself and ended up broke the original glass and made a mess every where. I had to call professional help to finish the job, what a shame.. it's easier than it looks and requires special window adhesive..

have fun and good luck with this project...

a.c.

• 1 year later...

I just came back from my service tech who said the whole window has to be replaced. I have an 06 RX330. The left one was starting to come off when I caught it and epoxied it back on, but the right one is gone. Junk for a nice car, and have to replace the whole window for a piece of plastic that snaps on ? ludicrous.

• 3 weeks later...

I went through this by finding my left trim coming off a couple of months ago. Luckily I caught it in time and when I saw the trim coming off I epoxied it back on. A few weeks later when washing the car I saw the right had come off and was gone. On checking I found out the cheap, easy to make plastic trim is not available anywhere and you have to buy the whole window. I wrote sent an email off to lexus and got a nice reply back telling me they would contact me. Will, no call back, but after 3 strongly worded emails they set it up for me to go a local dealer and said they would fix it for no charge. I am in the process of setting that up now.

Persistence pays off, be a pest, they don't like that and it is a well known defect.