License Plate Mount Query

I got pulled over again today because I don't have a front plate on my '94 SC4. It didn't have one when I bought it. So I get the fix it ticket and head over to the DMV to get new plates. Come to find out the dealer where I bought it put both plates in the rear frame. Pain in the butt but it did save me $18 bucks.

Anyway, my car doesn't have any mount for a front plate. Where would the standard mount go? Are there inexpensive and easy alternatives?

I know it's trivial, but I'm tired of getting pulled over and need to figure out how to get this squared away.

I think you would be able to get a mounting frame probably from a junk yard from any car right? since all license plates are the same size i can't see why it would matter. I hope this picture helps you with the location.

good luck. :D

post-75599-1246741621_thumb.jpg

Rather than drill holes on the front bumper, I took two aluminum angles/corners about 1 & 1/2" on each leg and attached them to the left front splash/underpan, where it attaches to the bumper - then I attached the license plate and slightly bent the plate at the bottom, so it can be seen/read from the front of the car. Works fine and looks good.

• 3 weeks later...