Frozen Car Won't Start!

xsohaib

It is difficult to check the plugs since they are covered with a covering which is screwed in wth a hexagonal shaped screws.

It takes all of 10 min. to get to the front three plugs...the back three are a different story, but I hear that you can get them out with the right extensions and what not. You can take the pretty Lexus cover off with an allan wrench and a few sockets to get the coil packs out as well as for the actual plug.

:cheers:

Thanks, I think if I can find an allen wrench I would go that route, if not just tow it, I am begining to feel that a day or two in a heated garage should do it. I talked to the toyota people and they said it would be OK for me to leave the car with them. Well, lets see.

Thanks

Sohaib

Gentlemen, thanks everyone for the replies. The car finally started up. Today temperatures were around 31 degrees during the day, (it did not start at 23 degrees yesterday). Well yesterday, I put in a bottle of dri-gas and then ran to the gas station and got 5 gallons of gas in a container and poured it in the car, let it sit overnight, and today at night when the temps got to around 20 degrees (that is when my brother arrived) and I hooked up the jumper cable from his car to mine, the car cranked for a while first and then evntually started really rough initially but settled afterwards. At Initial cranking the engine was not turning over as slow as before but only slightly faster. Ambient temps right now are around 15 degrees and I have checked, the car starts up fine.Must be the moisture frozen in the fuel lines. Advice, keep your fuel tanks near full as much as possible!

Thanks

Sohaib