Radio Keeps Locking Up...sometimes Ejects Cds

mac40324

This has happened about 15 times in the last two weeks. The radio (w/ 6 disc changer) on my 2007 ES 350 will beep sometimes when I am changing channels or pushing other buttons. When this happens, the screen will freeze and if there are CDs in the changer, they will eject one by one. I thought maybe it was the CDs, so I have left them out and yesterday it did the same thing regardless. It will stay like that for different lengths of time. Sometimes for an hour or more (until I turn the car off) and other times it will stop after 10 minutes. I took the car into the dealership (it is Certified) today and they couldn't replicate it. I explained that it only happens every day or so, and I will continue to work with them, but would love to know if anyone else has seen this problem. Thanks. First time poster.

This has happened about 15 times in the last two weeks. The radio (w/ 6 disc changer) on my 2007 ES 350 will beep sometimes when I am changing channels or pushing other buttons. When this happens, the screen will freeze and if there are CDs in the changer, they will eject one by one. I thought maybe it was the CDs, so I have left them out and yesterday it did the same thing regardless. It will stay like that for different lengths of time. Sometimes for an hour or more (until I turn the car off) and other times it will stop after 10 minutes. I took the car into the dealership (it is Certified) today and they couldn't replicate it. I explained that it only happens every day or so, and I will continue to work with them, but would love to know if anyone else has seen this problem. Thanks. First time poster.

My car use to do strange things with the the cd player and radio on a intermitten bases and it always seem to happen on hot days when the car has been

setting in the sun for a while, Lately I have not heard the wife complain about the cd player but I do know if the car gets hot in side the screen will blank

out and the vol and ch controls will stop working for awhile.

My car use to do strange things with the the cd player and radio on a intermitten bases and it always seem to happen on hot days when the car has been

setting in the sun for a while, Lately I have not heard the wife complain about the cd player but I do know if the car gets hot in side the screen will blank

Thanks for the info. That may be what's happening to me. Now that I think about it, the worst days I had were during a recent tennis tournament when I had my car out in 95 degree weather for most of the day. I will keep monitoring it and see if the pattern holds true.

Thanks for the info. That may be what's happening to me. Now that I think about it, the worst days I had were during a recent tennis tournament when I had my car out in 95 degree weather for most of the day. I will keep monitoring it and see if the pattern holds true.

Exact same thing has happened to my radio twice now. When it sits in the sun on a real hot day the screen will be blank and on-off/volume controls don't work.

Once the car cools off the radio is fine.

Exact same thing has happened to my radio twice now. When it sits in the sun on a real hot day the screen will be blank and on-off/volume controls don't work.

Once the car cools off the radio is fine.

I am seeing a pattern. Mine seems to have problem on hot days, but the problems only occur after I have been driving some. They don't seem to occur when the car first starts up. Of course, when it locks up, the screen freezes and the buttons/knobs don't work. Also, as I mentioned above, it ejects all of my CDs as well. I wonder if this was something that happens on older ES350s or all. Definitely more ammo for my local dealership.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Middle GA and the temps here are typically 90 + on most days. I have a Obsidian/Black with a Nav system. I would expect this car to attract heat and it does, however I have not experienced this problem at all with my CD player or radio. I would note the conditions when this happens, it could be a faulty CD player. Dealer should investigate further.

I live in Middle GA and the temps here are typically 90 + on most days. I have a Obsidian/Black with a Nav system. I would expect this car to attract heat and it does, however I have not experienced this problem at all with my CD player or radio. I would note the conditions when this happens, it could be a faulty CD player. Dealer should investigate further.

The radio has locked up three times for me. The last time was about a week ago when the temp. was about 85. Once the AC cools the car off the radio buttons work fine. Note that when the radio is locked up, the steering wheel radio controls work fine. The car is a 2007.

The radio has locked up three times for me. The last time was about a week ago when the temp. was about 85. Once the AC cools the car off the radio buttons work fine. Note that when the radio is locked up, the steering wheel radio controls work fine. The car is a 2007.

Mine is a 2007 as well. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I will fill everyone in on my last few weeks. It happened (during the hottest part of the summer) about 15 times in two weeks. I then got fed up with it and took my car into the dealership and it then didn't happen at all for 3 weeks. The last couple of days have been somewhat hotter and it has happened again twice, but not to the severity of before. The last two times, it only ejected one cd and quickly recovered (whereas before it ejected them all and sometimes took as long as 45 minutes to recover). I appreciate everyone who is contributing, hopefully I can get the pattern figured out here shortly (or the radio will die if it is faulty).

The dealer needs to address this problem, even if they have to give you a loaner while car sits in the heat....I'm sure they should be able to duplicate the problem.... ;)

The dealer needs to address this problem, even if they have to give you a loaner while car sits in the heat....I'm sure they should be able to duplicate the problem.... ;)

Im sure Lexus is well aware of the problem since it seems that a lot of 07s have it, The dealer should contact Lexus to see what they have to say.

Im sure Lexus is well aware of the problem since it seems that a lot of 07s have it, The dealer should contact Lexus to see what they have to say.

I wanted to update everyone. I was able to make a video with my digital camera of the problem. I demonstrated that some of the knobs and buttons worked and some didnt' during one of my "outages". I also showed that the screen was blank, but he music was playing (although I couldn't change the channel). I posted it to YouTube and emailed the link to my service guy at Lexus. They have a new radio on order and should have it in shortly. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help, looks like I will have this issue solved shortly. I am enjoying the car overall, glad this will be behind me.