Wheel Alignment For Non Runflat

sajjap

Hi Guys

You have a really good and informative forum, keep up the good work.

I am now in the need for replacing my run flat tyres, yes they have worn really badly on the inner edges whereas the middle and outer edge look almost new!!!

After having read the various threads on tyres, I'm going to change to normal tyres.

Can someone please tell me, in very simple language, what the wheel alignment needs to be set to, caster, camber, toe etc?

I need very simple language, because I live in Spain and I've then got to try to explain to the Spanish techi that what I want done is not what his computer is telling him.

Best regards

Saj

• 3 weeks later...

If you are using stock wheels and close to stock size tires the alignment specs will not change. If, however, you are using wheels with a significantly different offset or some kind of bizarro size tire the spec may change and will have to be custom set. From the discription of the wear pattern of you current tires it sounds like you do need an alignment. Are your driving habits rough? Lots of bad roads? Well, I would suggest having an alignment with new tire installation using factory settings......hope this helps.