All Season Tires

Do you know of a good all season tire for LS 460 RWD to drive in Chciago winter. Dones anyone have a recommendation for one?

The Turanza EL42 on the car are no good

• 1 month later...

Do you know of a good all season tire for LS 460 RWD to drive in Chciago winter. Dones anyone have a recommendation for one?

Your best bet is to get 4 snow tires and change them every season.

This is what I have done with all my LS's.

This has also been recommended for the new AWD LS's.

What size do you need?

I agree with dss however......your LS will perform much better with a set of winter rubber though.....especially on a RWD LS.

:cheers:

How the Michelin Pilot A/S plus all season tires for winter driving?

Tire Rack surveys are a good place to start. Here is the one for the "Pilot Sport A/S Plus": http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...are1=yes#Survey

Check the surveys for other all season tires and also for snow tires. I've gotten caught only once in my 00 LS in deep snow with all season tires -- took off my snow tires too early and couldn't even get out of my culdesac. Struggled back into my garage, mounted my snow wheels/tires and blasted right out of my culdesac and pretty much drove normally while most other drivers were struggling just to get their vehicles to move.

• 2 months later...

Currently own my second LS and would not even consider driving the RWD LS in St. Paul winters w/o winter tires. I have a second set of wheels that the winter tires are mounted on and have them changed out with the summer tires around April and Nov. You will find the winter tires make a HUGE difference in traction and steering on ice and snow. I went with Winterforce tires from Firestone, about 60% of the cost of Blizzaks. Blizzaks are great tires but I have found the Winterforce to do the trick for me. I am happy with Kumho Solus KH16s summer tires - very quiet and smooth riding. good luck.

I live at the foot of the mountains west of Denver. I got the Michelin X-Ice tires all the way around my '08 LS. They work fine, good cornering and stopping power in the car's first winter. I mounted the snows on the OEM wheels and summer Turanzas are on the Teleios wheels. Just change them myself whenever I feel like it. (I have an extra pair of like-new OEM take-offs if anyone is interested...$600)

One caveat...I got the tires from Tire Rack. At the time they offered a $50 gift card...I never got the card. Months later I called them about it and no one has used the card they purportedly sent, so I'm just out the $50 they promised and they refused to replace it...be advised.

I won't be ordering from them again...ever.

Whit

All season tires run out of grip on dry roads at 7 degrees C or lower. They have virtually no traction in heavy snow or even light snow. I agree with Michelin X-Ice as a good choice for cold temps, snow and ice.